Voyager Of The Seas Questions

Bandit

Eleven of my family members from Texas to Alabama have booked the Voyager for March of 2009. We have five rooms booked. Some of us have not cruised before and have some questions. Would appreicate any help you avid cruisers can give us on the following:

On the 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya & Progresso, what days do they have the ice show and how many shows do they have?

How can you get ticket for the show?

Has the Voyager been upgraded with the new bedding? I read somewhere where RCI was going to have all their bedding replaced by end of 2008.

How much does it cost to eat at Johnny Rockets?

Where does the ship dock in Cozumel? Downtown or the International Pier?

Hope you guys can help us out with these questions.

Thanks.

Ron

Just off yesterday...

4 iceshows. 2 on Tuesday 3pm & 5pm, then 2 on Wednesday in place of the entertainment in the theater.

They will announce times to line up for tickets. Also C&A and suite passengers can get them from the Concierge.

New bedding...great!

3.95 per person cover charge at JR's...all you can eat. C&A coupon books have free visit coupons.

In Coz you dock at the International Pier.

For the OP: Ron, which cruise have you booked, 08 Mar or 22 Mar 09?

Reason I ask is that there are already threads on the Roll Calls for March 2009, specifically these two cruises, and if you have not yet registered for the Meet and Mingle, I'll encourage you to do so even though the clock is far, far out (about 315+ day by my reckoning). We're on 8 March to Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya (it's back and better than before Dean) and Progreso.

BR, T Lex

P.S. This will be our first on Voyager so I'll defer to all of the posts who've sailed her this last season. Actually, I've been reading any reviews I can find!But we have five cruises on Rhapsody out of Galveston and one on Splendour and if you have questions, in general, re: Cozumel or Costa Maya or RCL cruises, I'll be glad to try and answer them.

Eleven of my family members from Texas to Alabama have booked the Voyager for March of 2009. We have five rooms booked. Some of us have not cruised before and have some questions. Would appreicate any help you avid cruisers can give us on the following:

On the 7 day cruise to Cozumel, Roatan, Costa Maya & Progresso, what days do they have the ice show and how many shows do they have?

How can you get ticket for the show?

Has the Voyager been upgraded with the new bedding? I read somewhere where RCI was going to have all their bedding replaced by end of 2008.

How much does it cost to eat at Johnny Rockets?

Where does the ship dock in Cozumel? Downtown or the International Pier?

Hope you guys can help us out with these questions.

Thanks.

Ron

The days, time, and number of ice shows can change with the Seas. Rough seas will cancel a show and they will have it at another time, if they can.

And only ONE person in your group has to stand in line to get the tickets. That chosen one can get what ever you need, 1 or 11. Helps make the line shorter.;)

DW and I were on Voyager for New Years and had a blast. We'll be on her again, this coming Dec.:D

When docked in Roatan, you might want to consider Fins and flippers. It is a private island cross the bay from the dock.This was one of our favorite stops. A very clean and well kept island. the beach was racked clean and there was a pier for snorkeling. Very nice reef. This is a well run resort property and very reasonable. Thier employees run a pontoon boat about every 30 minutes to the mainland or they will radio for the boat to pick up your group. Nice place to totally relax. Try finsandflippers.com. I think it is a anthony Keys property. I don't think you can book thru the ship, but you don't need to. Do it yourself. Read the Roatan board. Have a great cruise.

Next up for us Majesty in October, and Alaska in 2009.

Just off yesterday...

4 iceshows. 2 on Tuesday 3pm & 5pm, then 2 on Wednesday in place of the entertainment in the theater.

They will announce times to line up for tickets. Also C&A and suite passengers can get them from the Concierge.

New bedding...great!

3.95 per person cover charge at JR's...all you can eat. C&A coupon books have free visit coupons.

In Coz you dock at the International Pier.

I'll leave next month on Voyager I'm wondering if Eric Dowis is still the CD.

Thank you

He was for the last caribbean sailing last week, but I do not know if he was going to Europe or not.

Nowhere but on a ship sailing from Texas would you find the Cruise Director wearing a cammoflage tuxedo on formal night!

Here is a copy of the menu from Johnny Rockets at Sea. Don't worry about the wording "suite menu". It is only there because when I requested it I was staying in a Grand Suite. The menu is the same no matter where you are staying.

It was great to read the replies I received. Thanks to everyone.

TLEX We will be on the 22 Mar 09 cruise.

ISUJIM - thanks for your response.

Gosh, I think all my questions have been asnwered and I can't think of anything else I can ask at the moment.

Bandit

Ron

I see all questions have been answered but just wanted to add the the new bedding is the most comfortable. I don't sleep well the first couple nights in a new bed but I sleep great every night. Happy sailing.

Peter

Archived