14,000 pax in port. Do I get off ship?

ratherBcruizin'

According to porttime.com there are 4 ships in GC including the Liberty of the Seas. The site is saying that's about 14,153 passengers. Hubby and I were going to hang out at Sea Grape Beach and enjoy the drinks, sun and sand. I'm worried it's going to be ridicuously crowded. Anyone pretty familiar with GC and know a little about passenger crowds? Now we're thinking we should stay on the ship and avoid the masses? Any thoughts? :confused:

How can you stay on the ship? Unless you've seen every square inch of GC...that would be like going to Disney and staying on the plane to me. ;)

Now that I think back, I do remember someone on our GC excursion with us saying that there were 6 other ships in port that day. This was on Freedom of The Seas 2/3/08 sailing, maybe somone can verify this?? If there really were 7 ships in port that day we didn't feel terribly overcrowded or anything. We had a great day in GC.

I'd get off. Four ships sounds like a lot, and it is, but we've been there when there were 11 ships in port...talk about crazy. I think they put restrictions on how many ships can be in port on any given day.

The way to see Grand Cayman and avoid the crowds is to rent a car and head off toward the other side of the island (East End and Rum Point). Grand Cayman is a very safe island, and one that you can do on your own and not worry about it at all. And if you've never done the Stingray Sandbar excursion, it's a must, IMO. :)

Archived