Anyone interested in pre-cruise Bioluminescent Bay Excursion (PR) on 11/12/04?

cappi

I heard about a great Bioluminescent Bay excursion in Vieques, PR through East Island Excursion. I heard great things about the tour through the board. Unfortunately, there is 12 people min...and so far there is my hubby and I are the only two interested on 11/12/04. We'll be in San Juan 1 night pre-cruise. According to the moon calender, 11/12 is the best night in November for the Bioluminescent Bay tour. The rate for person is $99 and includes dinner. They will also provide names of drivers who will provide roundtrip transportation from San Juan ($20 pp). From past participants' review, they pick you up from San Juan around 3-3:30pm and arrive at Fajardo around 5:00pm. You board a catamaran to Vieques which takes another 45min. Tour ends about 11pm. It sounds like once in a lifetime opportunity. I hope there are more people interested.

You could contact them at Marine Transportation Partners, Inc

P.O. Box 1262

Fajardo, Puerto Rico 00738-1262

Telephone: 787 860-3434 • toll free 877 937-4386

Fax: 787 860-1656 www.eastwindcats.com/pages/about_us.html

Description of the tour:

Upon departing Marina Puerto Del Rey, our guests enjoy stunning views of the Fajardo coastline as the sun sets behind the mountains of “El Yunque” National Rain Forest. After a comfortable cruise along the north coast of Vieques, we enter port at the small village of “Isabel Segunda” where guests are taken by van or bus to a local restuarant for a casual Buffet Dinner featuring local “Criolla” dishes.

The Bioluminescent Bay Tour begins when guests are driven down a primitive track to the bay where they are treated to a guided tour in (quiet) electric motor boats. Guests should bring towels as swimming is highly recommended, which, in itself, is an unforgettable experience!

• 9 months later...

Did anyone end up taking this tour? Celebrity now offers this (or a similar excursion) at San Juan (a bioluminescent bay kayaking excursion). It's $78 pp, so I was wondering whether the experience is worth the cost. Any reviews?

Archived