Best time for Mediterranean cruise

LMO

Personally I love Rome in November. Yes it can be overcast, rainy, windy and cold - but I sure prefer that over the sweltering heat and shoulder-to-shoulder crowds of the summer! Rome in the rain, to me, is magical. You can sit on a fountain by yourself and watch the rain drops plunk in the water, you can walk unencumbered down streets that, in summer, are impossible to move in due to the crowds, you can find a covered-patio cafe and sip a warm latte near the Spanish steps and actually SEE the steps, rather than a sea of bodies....

Okay, you want honesty? It will be hot, humid, and crowded...VERY crowded. Remember, August is when all of Europe take their own vacations, and many of them end up in Rome.

But hey...it's still Rome!

Haven't been to Greece, so I'll leave that to be answered by someone else. Southern Italy will be...hot and crowded. (Well, depending on where you go - but if you are in any place that is a tourist destination in Italy in August, be prepared for throngs.)

the wheather in Roma in November is not very good, the rain is probable. bat Roma is Roma, the best beautiful city in the World!!!!!!!;):):)

Thank you so very much and you are right.

Roma is Roma and she is beautiful no matter what wheather.

Remember, August is when all of Europe take their own vacations, and many of them end up in Rome.

Don't forget July. Most European countries have their summer school holidays from 1 July till 31 August, so in July, the most popular places can already be crowded too.

No one seems to have mentioned that early spring is a beautiful time in the Med. We cruised there at the end of March in 2007. Istanbul was grey and damp but Rome, Livorno, Athens, Katakalon, Rhodes and Ephasus were sunny and warm and not too crowded. I was in Rome in December a few years back and that was a perfect time for sight seeing ---- warm days and no crowds !

Archived