$50 credit - definitive answer?

bobbiergs

OK. I've read all about the Promo 7031/32. We're on Ryndam, 16 day canal, 1/13/05. Had my TA talk to HAL 3 times. Each time they told her that the promo was only valid for 2004 sailings. It seems that that is not really the case as many CC members talk about getting the shipboard credit for cruises in 2005 and cruises to several destinations.

Can anyone suggest a course of action? My TA books quite a bit on HAL and got us a much better rate than I was able to get direct from HAL. (We're Mariners and that doesn't seem to mean anything.) She's gone back to her contacts there and got nowhere.

Several people here said that if a TA books, HAL won't talk to me. Can I contact them and ask for the promo or can someone out there tell me the REAL story?

Also read something about Promo 300. What is that?

I'd really like to get some straight answers. it seems to me that HAL says one thing to one person and something else to another. What is the criteria?

We used those for our 2 crusies this year, but they are not good for next year. I heard something about promo 263 for the 2005 cruises but I didnt pay alot of mind to it cause I wasnt going in 2005, I would suggest doing a search here for threads about "promos" " shipboard credit" etc. Here is the HAL website promo section,

http://crm.hollandamerica.com/broadbaseema/HA3129/index.htm

Hope it helps :) :) :)

To the best of my knowledge 7031 and 7032 were only received for 2004 cruises. I'm sure there is, or will be promos for 2005, but I don't believe these are the ones.

Thank you. I knew I would get the answer. Now I can quit bugging my poor TA. However, I will continue to "watch" the board for anything new.

OK. I've read all about the Promo 7031/32. We're on Ryndam, 16 day canal, 1/13/05. Had my TA talk to HAL 3 times. Each time they told her that the promo was only valid for 2004 sailings. It seems that that is not really the case as many CC members talk about getting the shipboard credit for cruises in 2005 and cruises to several destinations.

Can anyone suggest a course of action? My TA books quite a bit on HAL and got us a much better rate than I was able to get direct from HAL. (We're Mariners and that doesn't seem to mean anything.) She's gone back to her contacts there and got nowhere.

Several people here said that if a TA books, HAL won't talk to me. Can I contact them and ask for the promo or can someone out there tell me the REAL story?

Also read something about Promo 300. What is that?

I'd really like to get some straight answers. it seems to me that HAL says one thing to one person and something else to another. What is the criteria?

Promo 300 is sort of a generic promo that has been used for the last year -- it seems to be updated periodically to add new cruises, but the pricing is nothing that you couldn't get even without that promo.

Take a look at the cruisequick.com site -- there is a promo 267 listed for shipboard credits or upgrades, but the terms of it are convoluted to say the least. It appears that your particular cruise is one of the few Ryndam cruises that is not eligible .... so this info is primarily for other readers of this thread.

SFJ

Archived