Just Back from Elation

tess2cruz

Just returned from the 4/24 sailing of the Elation, and I had the time of my life. I sailed all alone for the first time, so didn't know what to expect, but nothing to fear, it was 4 days of my own time, as a sinlge mom most of my life, that is something I have never had.

Highlights:

**Emabarkation was a breeze, took maybe 5 minutes.

**On the ship by 11:30am (How do they do that??:confused: Just barely had the last bunch off?? LOL)

**Weather was perfect everyday. OK, windy last day at sea, but still sunny.

** I, a single woman, all alone, was seated at a table with 9 men, oh yeah. OK 6 of them were my sons ages, and on a bachalore party, but all were great sports and made dinner a fun time.

**Did Chileno Bay Snorkeling tour and it was great. All on the boat were in a party/fun mode, and I had no problem being alone, everyone was so friendly. Sorkeling was pretty good, for the Mex Riv, bit cold but felt good after an hour boat ride. Then the open bar on the way back, crew was generous, and fun. Everyone did get stung by jellie fish, myself not bad at all,one guy got it pretty bad. BUT they did warn us all before we went that it may be a problem, and offered us our money back before we went, and we went anyway. Didn't ruin my good time.

**Spent some time shopping with some others in Cabo, doing tequila shots, and getting free Corona's from the guys in the shops, WOW, ended up buying a $42 bottle of Teauila, and I am not a Tequila drinker :eek: I was good in Cabo though LOL

**Dukes piano bar was great, rocked hard 3 of the 4 nights. Micheal did a great job of getting the crowd going.

**Went to two shows, and they are pretty much the same. Even the same singers as when I was on the Elation before, but it was fun, Elvis sat on my lap, what more could I ask for :)

**Food was very good, some changes since my last cruise. I did go to the dining room for breakfast 2 times and lunch once, never have before and I was happy I did. Had some wonderful trout and seafood salad for lunch that wasn't available in the buffet. But one day I did have fish in the buffet that was wonderful. Recommended it to some people I met on the deck, they left and came back and agreed. Lobster was great, just too small, and didn't want to order a 2nd plate, look like a pig in front of the guys LOL My fault, they all mentioned the same the next night.

**Crew was great. Dining room staff wasn't as fun as other cruises, but that is always a hit or miss, but they did a good job. One crew member in the buffet first day was very accomidating and friendly, wish I could remember his name. The waiter at Dukes knew my name and what I drank after one order, and was very nice. Room steward was very nice and took great care of my room but hardly ever saw him, but was there when I needed something. I did room service once, they said it would be a long wait, said it was ok, and they were there in about half time they said.

**This was Carnival Fun ship at it's best. :D

We got off the Elation when you got on. You got on so fast because we got off at 8:30 a.m.! Fastest getting on and off I've experienced in a long time.

We had a friendly waiter, distant busboy, but I'll bet that's because his English wasn't as good as the waiter's. The crew was extremely friendly, everyone saying hi as we passed. Great cruise, we'd do it again!

We got off the Elation when you got on. You got on so fast because we got off at 8:30 a.m.! Fastest getting on and off I've experienced in a long time.

We had a friendly waiter, distant busboy, but I'll bet that's because his English wasn't as good as the waiter's. The crew was extremely friendly, everyone saying hi as we passed. Great cruise, we'd do it again!

How many formal nights are scheduled on the 5 day Elation itinerary out of San Diego? We (three families) will be on her June 28, 2008 sailing. Thanks for your answer.

Archived