Lobster Restaurant Near Peggy's Cove

We plan to rent a car and drive to Peggy's Cove. I would like to stop for a lobster lunch after doing Peggy's Cove. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How far is Peggy's Cove from the cruise docks?

Thanks

The drive to Peggys Cove would take about 45-50 minutes. It is a very small community but there is a restaurant right there that probably serves lobster.

The drive to Peggys Cove would take about 45-50 minutes. It is a very small community but there is a restaurant right there that probably serves lobster.

Yes it does serve lobster. I had one there last summer.

There are also several good places to have lobster, or other fresh seafood, at the restaurants along the waterfront in Halifax - about a mile from the cruise ship dock - such as the Bluenose, Salty's, Murphy's on the Waterfront, the Waterfront Warehouse and MacKelvy's.

Liz

(from Halifax)

We plan to rent a car and drive to Peggy's Cove. I would like to stop for a lobster lunch after doing Peggy's Cove. Does anyone have any suggestions?

How far is Peggy's Cove from the cruise docks?

Thanks

I'm just home from a business trip to Halifax. Outstanding city! We ate at Salty's and had one of the best meals ever. In fact all of our meals in Halifax were wonderful.

Folks in my group who love lobsters had a great time. It was prime season.

Don't miss a coffee at Tim Hortons!

The best lobster I ever had was at The Shore Club in Hubbards, Nova Scotia. Near Peggy's Cove, it is definitely worth the trip. We ate there as part of a shore excursion from the QE2. Check the ship's shore excursions to see if The Shore Club might be included in a Halifax or Peggy's Cove excursion.

The best lobster I ever had was at The Shore Club in Hubbards, Nova Scotia. Near Peggy's Cove, it is definitely worth the trip. We ate there as part of a shore excursion from the QE2. Check the ship's shore excursions to see if The Shore Club might be included in a Halifax or Peggy's Cove excursion.

They open at 4PM for the general public, which would not be possible as our ship leaves at 6. They open for cruise tours during the day if it has been arranged but we will not be on a tour.

• 1 month later...

We signed up for Lobster and Lighthouses at Halifax. We'll see 3 lighthouses and stop for lobster along the way. The shore excursion is through Carnival.

When is the prime season for lobster?

All year! The lobster season is open in different parts of Nova Scotia for almost the whole year. For May - August it is open on the northern and eastern shores and in Cape Breton and then from November to May it is open on the south shore. For more info and the exact dates for all the reqions surrounding the province see: http://atn-riae.agr.ca/seafood/lobster-e.htm

Wow, I just logged in to ask a similar question. So, I must first thank all of the previous posters.

We would like to rent a car to drive to Peggy's Cove, however, my dear husband is concerned we will get lost.

So, I know it will take us around 45 minutes to drive there, is it challenging to drive and/or easy to get lost?

It is pretty easy to get to Peggy's Cove if you have a map or gps - if you get on the right track when leaving Halifax it should be easy. Here is a Yahoo map; http://maps.yahoo.com/py/maps.py#mvt=m&lat=44.570385&lon=-63.741985&zoom=12&q1=Hollis%20St%2C%20Halifax%2C%20NS%20B3H%2C%20Canada&q2=peggy%27s%20cove%20nova%20scotia

Most of the trip is on two lane 45 mph roads.

Liz

All year! The lobster season is open in different parts of Nova Scotia for almost the whole year. For May - August it is open on the northern and eastern shores and in Cape Breton and then from November to May it is open on the south shore. For more info and the exact dates for all the reqions surrounding the province see: http://atn-riae.agr.ca/seafood/lobster-e.htm

Thank you for posting this link. We will be at Peggy's Cove on Oct. 1 with the Nova Scotia Loster Lunch shore excursion from the ship and I was panicing for a minute that we wouldn't be getting any lobster. I guess ours will be coming from section 25 on the map, that's kind of fun seeing where they're getting them from for you.

We've stopped twice at a restaurant called "Shaw's Landing". We were there in 2004 and again in 2006. A very small place but the food was great. My husband had a lobster roll both times and the rest of us had fish and chips. If you are on your way to Peggy's Cove it's on your right. We have stopped their on our way back from Peggy's Cove. We found the wait in the restaurant at Peggy's to be very long unless you were on a tour through the Cruiseship...

Archived