Back Again, Belize cave tubing

bucketsofbeer

:) Woke up early Tuesday morning to the ship zigzagging its way into Belize harbor, way out. Had early breakfast and headed down to Ebony lounge to get an early tender. We got on the first tender and made our way to the port. Trip took about 10-15 minutes, boats were really fast. We decided to do a private tour for cave tubing through Major Tom company. Only 25 of us . Major Tom met us on the pier, guided us to a spot to wait for rest of people from ship. $45/person. When the whole group was together we were led to the bus that would take us to the caves. On the bus we met Mike (very cool), Gorilla George, you'll find out why if you take the tour, and Jr.. They were all very nice. The trip took about 45 minutes. Got a nice history lesson on the way. Mike explained that all the other tours just take you to the caves en mass and let you float through the caves. Our experience would be completely different. Arrived at the Park around 10:30, collected our gear (inner tube and vest and flashlight). We then started on a little hike, taking a dip in the river to cool off and to get an idea how cold the water was. It felt really nice, definitely wake you up in the morning. Continued along the trail for awhile as Mike pointed different things out to us. Along the way we stopped for a little Belize Survivor and some of the group tried termites taken off one of the trees, my wife said they were kind of minty. Got to the starting point of the caves, remember what I said about the other groups. We were broken up into 3 groups, each with a guide, and hooked on to each other with our legs. Just as we were about to start this other group not with us just goes into the water, about 25 people, no one leading them or telling them what to do. We let them get ahead of us then started. Our guides were very good at keeping us together and pointing different things out in the caves. If you hear butts up!!, you better get you butt up or you will be scraping some rocks. Came out of the caves and then we just drifted along the current bumping this way and that. I would highly recommend using Major Tom for this tour. After we were done drifting, we turned in our stuff and got changed. Time for lunch, they offer you the choice of lunch at a local restaurant on the way back to the ship, take it. The food was very good and it was only $5. Chicken, rice. Made it back to the pier with a little time left to shop. Had a very nice Banana Daquiri right on the pier, hit the spot after the bus ride. Last tender for the ship was at 4:15. Captain doesn't wait around for anyone, we set sail right at 5:00.

Wednesday and Thursday (sea days)

Woke up early again to get good spot around pool deck, on deck by 8:00, still many chairs open at both pools. Stayed more in the shade today, able to stay on deck longer and just cooled off in the pool when needed. Tried the slide today, that was fun, made big splash at end. On both days we stayed by the pool and read or just relaxed until about 2 p.m., then we headed back to the balcony and listened to some music we wanted to listen to, not the piped in stuff on deck(can only take so much of the same music over and over). Had our buckets of beer and that made everything fine.

Friday (Nassau)

Didn't have much planned for Nassau, needed to get off the ship though, 2 days at sea:eek: . Wife likes to at least touch the water wherever we go, wasn't to impressed with beaches here. You won't miss much if you skip them. Did some shopping in the straw market, I should say my wife shopped, I just followed and paid the money. Then did some shopping downtown, Piranah Joe's is a cool shop for T-shirts. Then we hit Senior Frogs:D . Started with the balloon hats, then shots, next thing I know I'm up on stage dancing, trying. Had a lot of fun. Wore the balloon hats back to the ship, then to dinner, I think people were jealous that they didn't wear theirs.

Had to actually pack tonight, check luggage tags, we were given tags with a high number, I checked with the pursers desk and they told me we would of missed our flight if we had waited till our number was called. They gave us new ones (3). Saturday morning right at 7:30 our number was called and less than a half hour later we were on the first bus to the airport.:(

Archived