any good Restaurants on the Norwegian Sun to Alaska?

Vanina

Hi,

can anyone give us tips on good restaurants on the Norwegian Sun to Alaska? I don't mean the specialty restaurants where one has to pay, but the ones included in the cruise price.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

can anyone give us tips on good restaurants on the Norwegian Sun to Alaska? I don't mean the specialty restaurants where one has to pay, but the ones included in the cruise price.

Thanks in advance

Seven Seas (aft) and Four Seasons (midships) are the main restaurants aboard the Sun. The Garden Cafe is the main buffet.

If your looking for low calories, low fat menus, try the Pacific Heights restaurant. It's free, but you'll need reservations.

Las Ramblas Tapas Bar & Restaurant is NOT a full blown Tex-Mex restaurant, but it does serve different Latin Tapas everynight. Great for a between meal snack or when you're not very hungry.

We had four favorites when we sailed on the NCL Sun. Without a doubt Teppanyaki was my favorite. My only complaint about it was it is on the very back of the ship and I literally had to hold on to the table the entire meal to keep from falling over. The motion of the ship was bad that night. East Meets West Steakhouse was good also. The Outdoor Cafe had the best burgers. I had to have one a day. And believe it or not, room service had the BEST P.B. and J's ever. I had to have one of them a day as well... Food was very good on the NCL Sun.. Enjoy your cruise.

Il Adiago's was my daughters favorite, but I will always opt for LE Bistro. Both times on the Sun we did every restaurant and none were bad. I wasn't crazy over East Meets West, she had steak and I Lobster. I don't think it was worth the price we paid. Las Rambles is the place for tapas, in fact you can make your entire meal on them if you want. One time we had them and a couple of glasses of wine, then deicded to just do the buffet that night. well, we went to the buffet, barely filled a place each and decided to waste the food, we were just too full. The second time we did the tapas, then later in the evening we went to the sports bar for snacks. I think she had a tuna melt and I, fish and chips.

The last place that comes to mind: Pacific Heights, it is a light and healthy dining choice with food prepared from Light and Lean cooking if I remember. The servings beleive it or not are really huge and food, very good.

NIta

I know you're asking about the restuarants with no additional charge but I would highly recommend Il Adagio. We ate there twice and loved it. When we cruised the Sun, specialty restaurants were 1/2 price before 6:00 and after 8:30. If you can take advantage of that, go for it; you won't be disappointed.

Il Adiago's was my daughters favorite, but I will always opt for LE Bistro. Both times on the Sun we did every restaurant and none were bad. I wasn't crazy over East Meets West, she had steak and I Lobster. I don't think it was worth the price we paid. Las Rambles is the place for tapas, in fact you can make your entire meal on them if you want. One time we had them and a couple of glasses of wine, then deicded to just do the buffet that night. well, we went to the buffet, barely filled a place each and decided to waste the food, we were just too full. The second time we did the tapas, then later in the evening we went to the sports bar for snacks. I think she had a tuna melt and I, fish and chips.

The last place that comes to mind: Pacific Heights, it is a light and healthy dining choice with food prepared from Light and Lean cooking if I remember. The servings beleive it or not are really huge and food, very good.

NIta

The Sports Bar also has chicken wings (kind of small but good). A double order is a dozen wings and you can get them with fries if need be, make sure you ask for them, if the server doesn't. Oh and the chili is yummy too! From what I remember hubby and I ate there 3 times during our cruise on the Sun back in Feb.08.

Have fun on your cruise!!!

The Sports Bar also has chicken wings (kind of small but good). A double order is a dozen wings and you can get them with fries if need be, make sure you ask for them, if the server doesn't. Oh and the chili is yummy too! From what I remember hubby and I ate there 3 times during our cruise on the Sun back in Feb.08.

Have fun on your cruise!!!

actaully I considerr the sports bar the place for comfort food because the Sun doesn't have Blue Lagoon. Yummy, yummy and I am getting hungry cause it is only about 2 hours from dinner time.....

Nita

:) one of us is a vegetarian (eggs ok) ... any (no charge) restaurant tips on the Norwegian Sun for a vegetarian?

Hi,

Thanks in advance

Archived