Dawn/Bermuda Review April 20-27

paulekrause

I was on this cruise as well.

The Venetian was open on Embarkation Day....a great way to start a cruise :o .

I have all my Freestyle Dailies, but I don't know how to post them :rolleyes: . I will however happily mail them to you if you email me your name and address. My e-mail is Sparkylok6@aol.com.

They do accept US currency in Bermuda. If you give them US Currency they do try to give that back to you. My DH wanted Bermuda Currency and we went to the Butterfield Bank for it. The exchange rate was even.

Hope this helps.

Do you have a scanner? If you do you can scan it and then save it to your computer.

The ice cream on board was of excellent quality but limited in flavors available. when 2.0 is fully implemented there will be soft serve available.

Are you speaking of ice creams served in the dining rooms, or was there a place where you could get a scoop of ice cream like on other lines? On Majesty we had only the soft serve other than at meals.

My wife and I enjoyed using the spa pool which was indoors aft and never too busy. Hot drinks and coffee were provided along with cookies, There were cushioned lounge chairs looking out over the back of the ship. Changing rooms, robes and towels were provided. We went to the spa every day. On some days the pool became a wave pool with splashing waves that actually hit the ceiling!! It wasn’t until the last day that we read in the Freestyle Daily that the spa pool cost $20 per day or $140 per week per couple. No one ever asked us to pay but if they did we probably would have since it really was a highlight on the ship and we enjoyed it so much.

That is a riot! Was there no one to "check you in"? If you received robes I would guess so! Or were they just in bins and you could take one out?

One thing we noticed was the smell of vanilla. It was always present in the theater and used as aroma therapy throughout the ship at times when people might otherwise get upset. We noticed it in the lounge when lining up for tender tickets and in all the stairwells when disembarking n the last day.

That is amazing. Did someone tell you about its having a calming effect, or did you know this beforehand? Interesting.

Thanks for your review.

The Cruise Director is Pedro and he is inconsequential... practically invisible.

Don't know the name of the hotel directo.

Sorry, but I have no way to scan or uploadr the Freestyle Daily.

One ice thing i forgot to mention in my review is that you get the first day's Freestyle Daily while waiting to board so you can plan what you will do as soon as you get on the ship.

Paul

There is an ice cream stand called "Sprinkles" for cones only out on the pool deck.

I noticed the vanilla smell. Its calming effects I've been aware of since I do counseling. Lavender also works well.

did not see any discounts for the restaurants except the first day... There is a coupon book that offers 2 for 1 (received from my TA). there was also a general 2 for 1 late the first evening, not sure of the times.

the robes and towels for the spa pool were in the changing rooms which we just walked into, no questions asked!

Hope that answers most questions for now :-)

I wish I were back on board.

Tonight (May 4) looks like a lovely night for sail away

Paul

I wish I were back on board.

Tonight (May 4) looks like a lovely night for sail away

Paul

I am with you Paul.....I wish I was on the Dawn as opposed to doing yard work :rolleyes: .

Hope you and Deb had a good weekend.

P.S. The Hotel Director was Hugo. Very nice person.

Archived