Honeymooners...

My Fiance (Aaron) and I are getting married 8/8/08 in Seattle (17 days! Ahh!) and then cruising the Western Caribbean route on the Mariner of the Seas (RCI) from 8/10-8/17! I've already "met" a few other honeymooning couples either on CC or on the wedding board I visit! Should be a great week - as long as the hurricanes stay away!

We got married on a 4-night cruise with our guests and then took a separate honeymoon cruise a month later, but that was because I couldn't take off that much time from work around the time we got married. The next month I was able to take off 3 weeks for our honeymoon.

We got married on the Disney Wonder and honeymooned on the Diamond Princess (15-night Hawaii) with a few days before and after in Disneyland area.

We got married on a 4-night cruise with our guests and then took a separate honeymoon cruise a month later, but that was because I couldn't take off that much time from work around the time we got married. The next month I was able to take off 3 weeks for our honeymoon.

We got married on the Disney Wonder and honeymooned on the Diamond Princess (15-night Hawaii) with a few days before and after in Disneyland area.

Did Disney do anything special for you? We are honeymooning on Disney Magic and not too many people honeymoon on a Disney cruise ship so I was just curious if they gave you anything special. Thanks!

Did Disney do anything special for you? We are honeymooning on Disney Magic and not too many people honeymoon on a Disney cruise ship so I was just curious if they gave you anything special. Thanks!

We got married with Disney so it was a wedding package, not considered a honeymoon. I'm pretty sure that if you (or your travel agent) noted that it was your honeymoon you should get a cake at dinner. Besides that, I don't know if they do anything special, but with Disney I'd be surprised if they didn't. Have a wonderful time!

We were married on May 24th and left for our HM on the Caribbean Princess out of Brooklyn on Monday the 26th. I am so glad that we had that extra day before we left so we could take a breath from the wedding day, pack, and send the puppy off to the in-laws.

We were on the 9 day Eastern Caribbean cruise and loved every minute of it. Since it was the honeymoon, we splurged on a couple's massage and a bottle of wine with dinner everynight. We had a balcony stateroom and they decorated the door with balloons and presented us with yummy chocolate cake on the first formal night. They also had a honeymooners toast on the second day and there were over 25 honeymooning couples on board!

We were married on May 24th and left for our HM on the Caribbean Princess out of Brooklyn on Monday the 26th. I am so glad that we had that extra day before we left so we could take a breath from the wedding day, pack, and send the puppy off to the in-laws.

We were on the 9 day Eastern Caribbean cruise and loved every minute of it. Since it was the honeymoon, we splurged on a couple's massage and a bottle of wine with dinner everynight. We had a balcony stateroom and they decorated the door with balloons and presented us with yummy chocolate cake on the first formal night. They also had a honeymooners toast on the second day and there were over 25 honeymooning couples on board!

That sounds great! I don't think we will have that many honeymooners on our cruise. But I am still really excited. Congrats on the new marriage!

My boss recently took his family on a trip to Fiji, with Tui Tai Adventure Cruises. He raves about it. He’s been on safaris in Africa, tours in the Galapagos, India, the Amazon, many exotic places, and he says Tui Tai is the absolute best he’s experienced. Their web site does look like it’s an amazing experience: www.tuitai.com.

The web site shows they do a lot of good humanitarian things (humanitarian expeditions, donating wheelchairs, supplies, water tanks, emergency assistance to remote island villages). Cool example of how you can go on a great luxury-adventure vacation and at the same time really make a difference to a developing country like Fiji.

Hi Everyone!

We are getting married on 9/20 and spending our honeymoon on board Carnival Legend. We set sail 9/28 going to the Western Caribbean...yay!!!

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming weddings and congratulations in advance :o

Hi Everyone!

We are getting married on 9/20 and spending our honeymoon on board Carnival Legend. We set sail 9/28 going to the Western Caribbean...yay!!!

Good luck to everyone in their upcoming weddings and congratulations in advance :o

Congrats! Not too much longer to go! Are you guys doing anything after the wedding but before you sail? That was the problem we had when we were looking at honeymoons. We wanted to leave right after the wedding, but the Saturday sailings were impossible. But then we found the 5 day that left on a Monday we figure that it would work out nicely.

My fiance and I will be honeymooning on RC Exp of Seas on 1/11/09....does RC offer any special perks for honeymooners....I see our travel agent noted "Honeymoon" under special celebrations when I signed up for RC online and looked at our itinerary. I also purchased the room decorations and one of the romance packages for my fiance as a little surprise the first day, but wondering if there was anything else....good luck/congrats to all the other newlyweds to be here =)

We had our wedding/honeymoon on a cruise and 35 people cruised with us, and we had a blast!! I wouldn't have changed a thing. Honestly, it is more fun when you are with a lot of people. I dont think we would've had as much fun if it was just the 2 of us. It's so much fun doing things with a group of people, and when you walk around the ship you run into people you know so its exciting. I mean, prior to being married, we're alone all the time, this felt like a family reunion and it was perfect!!

We just got married on August 2nd. We leave for our 12 day Mediterranean honeymoon cruise, on the Emerald Princess, in TWO DAYS!

We decided to postpone the trip because we had his family reunion the weekend after the wedding. And then a good friend of mine got married two weeks after we did, and we wanted to be at that. I'm actually glad we didn't leave right after the wedding. We were totally exhausted for that first week after the wedding, and would have spent most of the cruise just wanting to nap (which would have been a total waste of money).

Our TA put in that we were on our honeymoon. Two weeks before the cruise, we learned that we had been upgraded from a low-end, obstructed oceanview room, to a balcony cabin with a much better ship position. It was like a $2600 upgrade! YAY!

Hi everyone!!
My fiance Robert and I will be getting married next year 9/12/09 at the Jersey Shore. We're having a laid back beach wedding and we're so excited about it! We are then going to go to Barcelona on 9/18 for two days then sail out on the NCL Gem on 9/20/09 for a Mediterranean cruise! Woo hoo!!!
~gina

• 2 weeks later...
My fiance and I are taking the Enchantment of the Seas cruise on 11/9/09, the next day we port in Key West and our families will meet us there for a beach wedding (we are using a WC, not the cruiseline). After the ceremony we get back on the ship, just the two of us and everyone else will enjoy their own vacation in Key West. The best part is the our son will stay with my mom for the week, so my fiance and I get a real honeymoon. Can't wait!

We are getting married on Nov 8 and leaving the same day to Ft Lauderdale, FL. Nov 10 we will be getting on the Emerald Princess for a 10 day southern Caribbean cruise. We are super excited! We got engaged on a cruise, so it is special for us to also honeymoon on one. Hopefully we will get visited by the upgrade fairy, I am crossing my fingers.

[quote name='socksl']We are getting married on Nov 8 and leaving the same day to Ft Lauderdale, FL. Nov 10 we will be getting on the Emerald Princess for a 10 day southern Caribbean cruise. We are super excited! We got engaged on a cruise, so it is special for us to also honeymoon on one. Hopefully we will get visited by the upgrade fairy, I am crossing my fingers.[/quote]
I'm getting married November 8th as well! Congratulations!!!

My fiancee and I are getting married Nov1 and are sailing on Nov 2 on the RC Vision of the Seas. So excited! I had requested a balcony cabin from my travel agent, but there were none at the time. We were put on a waiting list, but no word yet ;/

Archived