PLease help dumb newbie about SeaPass

Ok we have never cruised before. I have a credit card with a measly limit of 400 I was going to use it as my card for the seapass. It is a 3 night cruise. Can I use it for me and my husband? Is there a mininium I have to put on there? Should I just bring cash deposit instead? We don't drink or gamble and our shore excursion is paid for. So we will not be putting too much on it anyway. Thanks

Your cc is just to "secure" your SeaPass. At the end of the cruise, you can either pay the balance with cash, check (I think) or another credit card. No need to stress about the limit, it isn't automatically charged to your card unless you authorize it.

icon_wink.gif

Carnival Imagination 4/00

Holland America Veendam 3/03

You can put as many people on your card as you want. Even on a 7 day cruise our seapass doesn't much over 200. We have about 2 drinks a day. The rest are gifts & pictures.

Sovereign 598

Sovereign 599

Sovereign 500

Voyager 1100

Explorer 501

Radiance 1101

Majesty 302

Adventure 402

Enchantment 1102

Monarch 103

Legend 403

Navigator 1103

Mariner 304

Sovereign 504

Serenade 1104

I gave them our credit card to secure the charges. When I got our final bill I took it to the Pursurs Desk and paid it with travelers checks and my debit card. You could use cash to pay for it as well. They also cash personal checks so I would think you could just write a check for the total.

God bless you and yours.

Thanks for the info. WE have about 40 days left to go OK OK we have one month 10 days 5 hours and 16 minutes to go and I am just searching for what is going to go wrong!! I have read every web page, every tip, everything. And now I have nothing to do but wait for our edocs which is driving me crazy. Pray I dont go nuts before the cruise waiting for the cruise icon_smile.gif

Hi Beth! This is very off topic....but since you said this will be your first cruise - I suggest carrying on a bag or two since your luggage might not get to your room before dinner. You'll want something to wear at the pool, your dinner clothes (and shoes) and toiletries.

Have fun planning icon_smile.gif

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=191970&cdt=2004;6;26;17;1;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Navigator of the Seas 6/26/04

Archived