sicily palermo ideas

first thanks for all the great ideas i have found here....we are sailing on voyage of the seas may 31 with ten yera old grandson....with your help i have figured on our own for every port already have tickets to climb the tower in pisa and see the coliseum, in naples plan to take train to pompei then on to sorrento and return on the hydorfoil. i am stuck on sicily.... the ship has a beach day and i am thinking the kid would like that...any other ides and can we do the beach on our own via taxi. again many thanks

vickie in phoenix

Cefalu is lovely - better for children than dragging them through a busy city which Palermo is. At Cefalu there is a gorgeous market place right in the centre with a small but attractive beach which you can visit. There are some delightful shops which have a good choice of souvenirs - try the marzipan cakes/sweets. Sit and watch the locals while you have a drink with a piece of cassata cake which is heaven. Cefalu is a pretty little town and well worth a visit. It's about 50 mins from Palermo.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived