Anytime Dining Venues on the Grand

Chesie

Hi everyone!

First time on Princess. Booked on Grand in October. From what I understand, there are 2 venues for anytime dining.

Is one better than the other? Less crowded? Views?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chesie

If I remember right, one of the anytime dining restaurants is on Deck 5 and the other is on Deck 6, but as far as differences, there is none that I am aware of. Views would be similar out the windows of both. I would guess the one on deck 5 is less crowded overall because of location, but we have never had a problem eating at either one whenever we wanted.

Mike

Hi everyone!

First time on Princess. Booked on Grand in October. From what I understand, there are 2 venues for anytime dining.

Is one better than the other? Less crowded? Views?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Chesie

All three dining rooms use the same menu and kitchen. The only difference is location and decor, the latter only minor differences,

The two Anytimes are DaVinci and Michelangelo. Since Michelangelo is on a lower deck, it is usually not as busy.

The wait times can be zero or 20 - 30 minutes depending on your needs.

I show up for the evening meal between 7 & 7:30 asking for a "share'. Never had to wait even thought Grand (and Crown) was fully booked.

If you ask for a two top, or to seat a large group together, you may have to wait a bit. There's no need to wait in line. You're given a buzzer so you can roam a bit.

You can also make daily reservations for a specific time. That's usually reserved for nonpeak periods. Some Head Waiters will accept a reservation for for the length of your cruise. But then it wouldn't be not Anytime. :p

http://www.princess.com/learn/ships/ap/amenities_publicrooms/personal_choice_dining/index.html

Archived