Embassy Suites in FLL

coops

Has any one left in early November for a cruise out of Port Everglades and found reseasonable prices for the Embassy Suites on 17th street. I thought it was still hurricane season and the rates would be lower. They are at 209.00. Or is this still too early to book it?

Thanks, Dawn

You may want to check the rates for the Hyatt Place. It's right across the street so you'll be close to the same things. And they have a free shuttle from the airport/to the port. We used them when we cruised in March and had a nice stay. Their rates may be more reasonable if you check out some of the discount sites.

Coops:

Welcome to the world of Fort Lauderdale!

$209 sounds about normal for Embassy Suites on 17th Street.

Hopefully someone will comment on how you might be able to find

it a little cheaper.

We plan to book it for March 10th 2009.

Stayed there once before and really like the location.

Also have stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Convention Center.

That really is very nice too. You might check their rates.

Very true Ron.

Those two things make the Embassy Suites hard to beat.

We liked having the open mall right behind the building,

and a number of eating places to choose from close by.

HIEX was nice, but of course did not have the full Breakfast or cocktail hour

like Embassy.

We did jaywalk over to Bimini Boatyard and had a very nice meal.

Bert, Jim and Ron,

Thanks for the info, think I will stick with the Embassy Suites. Can't beat breakfast and drinks. Can you see the ships from the hotel and if so what do I request for that? Ron we are in Michigan to. Sterling Hgts here. Loved Oscoda for our yearly girls get together a few years back. thanks again.

Dawn

If you can fit another credit card in your wallet :rolleyes: Hilton's reward program is great.

I have the Hiltonhhonors Amex. I earn 5 points at grocery stores, gas stations, post office, wireless phone bill and restaurants. 3 points everywhere else per $. They also have promos a few times a year to double those points. I beleive they give you quite a few points just for applying for their card too. I believe they also have a VISA card now too, don't know the details of that one though.

Embassy on 17th is 35,000 points. Sounds like alot, but the points add up fast. :)

We booked the Fort Lauderdale Grande (just taken over by Hilton )on 17th street with breakfast prices are $199 and up (depending on view) ..I hear it is really nice. We stayed at Embassy Suites this past January for 2 nights, I love the location I hated the hotel. We will be there November 7th for one night.

mommyto2girls...

Please share with us what you hated about the Embassy Suites Hotel on 17th Street? This hotel and area has been recommmended many times on the CC boards so I was just wondering why you have a... not so good view on the hotel? We are looking at this hotel for a pre cruise stay and wanted a hotel in this area.

Pat :)

Is the liquor store within walking distance of the Embassy Suites?

Yes, Total Wine & More is located in the shopping center directly behind the Embassy Suites.

Pat

The first 2 rooms theys gave us had major plumbing issues. I do not like atrium style hotels, I really like a balcony when I am staying in that area, the noise from the lobby echos up the atrium day and night. I booked that Hotel with Honors Points...I think it was a waste.

Yes the Grande is nice, we stayed there the last 2 years in a row. I liked the idea of free drinks and breakfast at the Embassy suites. The Grande bar was very expensive with drinks and food. But would stay again if the price was cheaper. I figure for the same price we might try the Embassy Suites. Thanks for the info.

Dawn

We stayed at the Embassy Suites, one night pre-cruise and we had a lovely room, although very noisy, on the main thoroughfare. The Cocktail party was ok, if you like pretzels and popcorn, but the breakfast buffet was wonderful the next day. I was looking in http://www.tripadvisor.com, at ES reviews again this morning for another pre-cruise stay in 2009. Read the latest reviews about this hotel. I am going to think twice about paying another $200+ to stay there next time. More negatives than positives. Just thought you all would appreciate an FYI.

Judy

I have the Embassy Suites booked for December. Your comment made me nervous so I went to TA and read the last 10 reviews. There was one negative review and it was about bar service at the pool.....everyone else seems to think this place is fine.

We stayed on side facing the ships and got a great show on Saturday as ships left and Sunday early a.m. as they arrived. I believe it was the 12th floor. The room had a nice step out balcony to watch the show and we took photos.

We enjoyed so much that we have booked again for this December 2008 at the net direct NON-REFUNDABLE rate of $169.99 per night on the Embassy Suites website. The cocktail hour was not much but the breakfast was nice. Comfortable room and pleasant customer service.

Melissa

Looking at staying here 1 night pre-cruise in August and their website says they are remodeling their restaurant. Haven't called and asked yet, but does anyone here have any info on whether or not that will effect the free breakfast? Was the free breakfast served in a sit down restaurant - was it buffet style or what? We were originally scheduled to stay in the HI Express - but this was actually cheaper! Only $135 with net direct non refundable rate...Thanks!

The breakfast buffet is in the atrium. You grab a tray and work your way around and get what you want. There is a place to have an omelet made. There are tables and chairs in the atrium area. The breakfast was really good. I don't know if the restaurant serves breakfast. Get there early to avoid the lines. We did enjoy it.

We stayed at The Embassy FLL pre-cruise in Feb. this year. We have two additional reservations booked there for our next two cruises. It is almost half the price 8/30/08 vs 01/30/2009. I think because the season is higher in Florida in Jan./Feb then in August. I liked everything about The Embassy the location, the amenities, the managers reception, breakfast etc. The only thing I wish was different is where the bathroom is in the suite. It's in the bedroom which is fine for just family but we will have two couples staying there for our Jan, stay & would rather have a bathroom between the bedroom & the living area. If anyone has stayed there and had the bathroom in a different place please let me know what type room you had.

Besides that I thought it was a great place to stay.

I was comparing LaQuinta to Embassy Suites. Why is there a ~$100 difference in rate?

Stayed at another hotel last time in FLL and wanted to explore somewhere else. Want clean and brkfst included is nice. Shuttle from airport and to port great too.

Embassy Suites has 2 rooms. There is a living area with a TV and a table and chairs to have a meal, then a bedroom with a bathroom. We have never stayed at a La Quinta Airport, but plan to, on our next cruise in December, 2009. I have read nothing but great reviews about that hotel and it is much cheaper than Embassy Suites. I don't know about the shuttle at Embassy. We paid the extra $$ from RCi to be picked up from the airport, taken to Embassy, then to the Ship the next day. LQ has free shuttle from the airport and to the Cruise ship....Works for me!

Judy

Archived