Bon Voyage gift worth it?

JohannaM

X offers the following Childrens Bon Voyage gift for $18.

"Children's Package

Younger cruisers will be entertained with their own X-Club roller bag with attached snack case to carry their goodies, an activity coloring book and crayons."

Although my son is quite young, and won't quite "get" that this was waiting for him, I still thought it might be fun to do. Does that seem like a good price? Is it worth it?

CruisinMama I think you said on a previous post you always get the room decorated, but I think he's a little too young to get that yet (he'll be 20 mos old). Is this a good idea?

and I have NEVER found the "going away packages" worth it. Haven't tried the kid's package though. My son had just turned 3 when we went on our last X cruise and I wasn't willing to waste the money to see if he would even appreciate it.

Others have suggested just getting a bunch of $ Dollar Store stuff and decorating the room soon after you arrive. Your child will be just as excited when he/she comes back from a quick trip up to the top deck with mom/dad to find his cabin all decorated as he/she would if you paid out the $$$ to have X (or any other cruise line) to do it.

Cheryl

At 20 months, he would probably appreciate a stuffed bear with the cruisline's name on it more. We make sure to pick up a bear on every cruise. We also make sure to get a ornament with the ship's name to hang on the tree every year. The kids can look back every Christmas and talk about where they were.

I do like the decorations though. :)

They have the stuff a bear workshops on the ships now, so even though he's younger than Camp Carnival age, I bet he can stuff a bear. I'd do that. Instead of surprising him, let him pick out his new toy/souvie. You are right that he's too young to care about room decorating and bon voyage gifts.

They have the stuff a bear workshops on the ships now, so even though he's younger than Camp Carnival age, I bet he can stuff a bear. I'd do that. Instead of surprising him, let him pick out his new toy/souvie. You are right that he's too young to care about room decorating and bon voyage gifts.

The OP is going on Celebrity (X) not Carnival. ;) So no build a bear on Celebrity.

Archived