St Thomas wedding ?'s

LROBERT

I just thought of another question.. Okay heres the wedding summery...

Feb 26-March 5th RCCL Navigator of the Seas

Wedding March 1 2005 on the beaches of St Thomas

Wedding planner A wedding for you

Just wondering if anyone knows how close the bluebirds castle is to the dock. We have about 30 guests coming and the taxi fees are like $500 through the wedding planner. Just wondering if it is fairly close that people can go off and do their own things before the wedding and easily get there..... Or should I prebook taxis for everyone and cover the cost.... The wedding is at 3 and we dock at like 8/9 AM so I figure everyone will be off doing stuff before...

Any info would be helpful thanks..:)

It is in town not too far away, but can take some time with traffic... especially after your wedding as it will be rush hour and because of the number of ships that stop in St. Thomas every day in the winter, it will be crowded. If it is $300 for everyone RT, that is what you will pay regardless as the cab fares are set.

Which beach on St. Thomas?

Are you wanting the group to go to Bluebeard's Castle from the dock and then from the Castle to the beach wedding and then the beach back to the dock? or is it just Bluebeards to the dock? What are the stops involved and the order?

What does the $500 include?

If the transportation is just from Bluebeards to the dock... it should only be like $90 one way. ($3 a person)

Bluebeards is close to the dock, its right above town in Charlotte Amalie.

--Islander

The wedding is it at Bluebirds Beach club... They quoted me $15PP round trip from the dock to the beach club.

I guess Im just not sure if I should prebook and pay for everyones transport or just print out a directions flyer or something with the time they must be there for. We dock at 8 or 9am and the wedding is at 3PM so I am sure people will be off doing a day trip before.....

Does it seem rude not to pay for everyones transport? I just dont want them to taxi back to the ship and then us pay to taxi them close to where they were already...

Ok got it. Bluebeards Castle is in town; it is a historical watch tower and also the site of Bluebeards Castle Resort. These folks also own Bluebeards Beach Club which is located on Limetree Beach (the previous hotel was called Limetree and that name has stuck) which is not in town and actually is about 10-15 minutes drive from the dock... The castle and the beach club are not in the same place!

A taxi to Bluebeards Beach Club from town/Havensight as listed in the published fares for the Taxi Association is $6 a person each way; so $12 round trip. Often taxis will charge for waiting for you, so perhaps the addition $3 a person is for that OR your coordinator is charging you additional for booking the taxi on your behalf. I noted you said $500 for 30 so thats almost $17 a person... you could do better booking the transportation on your own if $17 a person is what you are being told.

Why not ask all your guests what their plans are for the day? I would think if they were going to the beach they wouldn't want to attend your wedding smelling like sunblock and covered in salt/sand... and might rather shower and change on the ship. Get a concensus from folks; and then decide.

I think it would be nice to arrange a group transport, get everyone there together and back. Bluebeards Beach Club is not exactly close to other attractions your guests might be at so I wouldn't be concerned about folks already being in that exact area.

--Islander

Archived