Dillard's wouldn't honor the extra 30% off on my gown

Wow LoveSublime, that is OUTRAGEOUS! If you had the receipt they would HAVE to refund you the full price you paid. I think I would have contacted the state's attorney general on that one ... how long ago did this happen? You might still be able to. I also would never shop there again, and I'd make sure they KNEW it.

Wow LoveSublime, that is OUTRAGEOUS! If you had the receipt they would HAVE to refund you the full price you paid. I think I would have contacted the state's attorney general on that one ... how long ago did this happen? You might still be able to. I also would never shop there again, and I'd make sure they KNEW it.

This was sometime before Macy's took over Foley's. I only remember that because I started going exclusively to Foley's and never went back to Dillards after that. So maybe a couple of years ago. I probably should have asked to speak to a manager because it really didn't sound right to me. I think I was just in such shock that my mind went blank LOL! These days I do most of my shopping online and I love it. I've never been back to Dillards and don't intend to.

My sister has a major gripe with them as well. This past Christmas they had a circular out announcing a china and crystal sale (among other things). My sis was looking to add to her Lenox Christmas china collection (can't remember what it's called) and that specific pattern was pictured and listed as a specific sale item. They had a picture of it RIGHT THERE. She went into the store and guess what? That's right-they didn't have a single piece of that china in the store. She was very patient and had the clerk call every Dillards in the greater Houston area and yes, once again you guessed it-not a single piece of that china to be had. She doesn't go to Dillards anymore either.

This was sometime before Macy's took over Foley's. I only remember that because I started going exclusively to Foley's and never went back to Dillards after that. So maybe a couple of years ago. I probably should have asked to speak to a manager because it really didn't sound right to me. I think I was just in such shock that my mind went blank LOL! These days I do most of my shopping online and I love it. I've never been back to Dillards and don't intend to.

My sister has a major gripe with them as well. This past Christmas they had a circular out announcing a china and crystal sale (among other things). My sis was looking to add to her Lenox Christmas china collection (can't remember what it's called) and that specific pattern was pictured and listed as a specific sale item. They had a picture of it RIGHT THERE. She went into the store and guess what? That's right-they didn't have a single piece of that china in the store. She was very patient and had the clerk call every Dillards in the greater Houston area and yes, once again you guessed it-not a single piece of that china to be had. She doesn't go to Dillards anymore either.

I know Belks advertized Johnson Brothers "Friendly village" this past Christmas. ($100 for a service for 4) I go to my local Belks and find it is not carried there, that other Belks that were larger carry that pattern. (even though they had numerous other Johnson Brother's patterns)

So then I looked to order it off Amazon and found it was MUCH more expensive then Belk.

The same goes for my local Penney's. I saw a tiffany style lamp that I liked and guess what? My Penney's does not carry lamps as it also considered is a "small" store and the nearest store that did carry lamps was 30 miles away. My thinking is, why put those circulars in the papers in my local area? After all, most all of us will think the stores at the local mall will carry the item. I am sure most people are like me, are willing to drive 4 miles to the local mall but not 30 miles to another mall.

Surely they could put differant circulars for differant areas? To me that is false advertizing. Ofcourse if you read the fine print it says that not all stores carry "such-n-such" item.

I also quit shopping at Dillards because of a bad experience. I had bought a skirt-paid FULL price. Couple of weeks later decided to return it. I had never worn it and the tags were still attached. I had the receipt. In the time since I had bought it, the skirt had went on sale. They said they could only refund me the 'sale' price. I was shocked. I paid full price for the thing and couldn't care less what they were currently selling it for. I decided to keep the skirt because otherwise it would have been me giving them free money. Bad, bad policy.

the little yellow bar-coded stickers that they place over the price tag. it has all the purchase history logged on it once it is re-scanned in the register..if they dont put one on, ask for it..even if you dont plan to return it..ya never know!..is is irr-refutable..it has worked for me!..no questions asked..as I took a top home to try with match up things..didnt work, so back it went..do not remove tags tho..but still it will have all the info on it..so leave it til yur sure

local or not so local..are blown into the papers, by machine..there usually isnt but one printiing of a TAB (tabloid)..so you're stuck...also, usually, not always..a small notice.."all stores may not carry all items in this add" BTDT..

Sounds to me like Dillard's is flirting with some legal issues. The china thing sounds a LOT like bait and switch. On the circulars, check the fine print ... usually on the first or last page ... and it will give a list of exclusions, including which stores do not carry certain items. And that's regional ... here, the "region" includes Washington, Idaho and Oregon, so that exclusionary list can get a little lengthy.

Update on that dress....

I received it and the size 2 is also too big and too long. I don't get it. I guess you have to be a 5' 10" body builder to be able to wear this particular dress.:rolleyes:

I'll have to return it and look for something else.

Update on that dress....

I received it and the size 2 is also too big and too long. I don't get it. I guess you have to be a 5' 10" body builder to be able to wear this particular dress.:rolleyes:

I'll have to return it and look for something else.

but send it to me..:D my eyelashes are a sz 2 :o !..hoping all the $$ issues are resolved, and you get EVEVN a mo' bettah dray-us..ole lucky

but send it to me..:D my eyelashes are a sz 2 :o !..hoping all the $$ issues are resolved, and you get EVEVN a mo' bettah dray-us..ole lucky

Yeah...I'll just have to let it go.

Our cruise isn't until next Feb. so I have PLENTY of time to shop for more dresses. I might find a fabulous one around the holidays. :)

Archived