Samana

ktsbbg123

I was wondering if anyone has a map of Samana? I want to get off the ship and walk around, and other posts talk about getting taxis, but the Discover Samana tour offered by RC says the town is a short walk from the pier. If anyone has been there recently, any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks....

We were in Samana on April 8th. The ship (Dawn) tendered us to a pier on the east side of town. The walk was very short to town. No need for a map since their is nothing in town and it is very small.

There will be numerous people trying to give you a ride.

Thank you for the information. None of the excursions grabed my interest, and I did not want to pay 30 some $ pp to walk around town if I could just get a small map and do it on my own.

Thanks again....

I agree with the other poster. Town is a quick walk, no need for a map. I do think Samana is best enjoyed through and excursion or tour. Samana was one of our favorite stops and we loved our excursion.

What excursion did you take? Thanks

What excursion did you take? Thanks

We did the ATV excursion through NCL and had the best time! There is just nothing to do in the town of Samana except stop in a few shops so I highly suggest an excursion or tour. For us there was time after our excursion to head to town and check it our for ourselves. We did buy a few things, but I am so happy we did the ATV tour and got to see the real beauty of the place. Let me know if I can answer anymore questions, I would be happy to :D

Archived