Bibs?

sddeva

Hi, we're cruising with our 18 month old in a couple of weeks...he usually wears a bib when he eats, but I don't want to bring a bunch of bibs on the ship...just wondering what other people do about this. Thanks!

We are going to have an 8 month old on our cruise in July. I thought about the same problem - I didn't want to carry a bunch of clean bibs and then have to keep up with the dirty ones. We bought a box of the Bibsters (I think Pampers makes them). They sell them at most stores and grocery stores. They are paper like bibs with a thin plastic backing. A whole weeks worth takes up very little space. Plus, you just throw them away when you're done. They come in two sizes - Small and Large. THe large ones have the "lip" at the bottom to catch food. Let me know if you have any question! Have a happy cruise!

I have an 18 mo old who doesn't like her bib...so at home, we use one that has a snap because she'll rip the velcro ones right off. Didn't want to mess with washing a bib...so I found a big clip (like a clothes pin) - only it's really strong...it's made to hold a beach towel on a chair. I would wrap a cloth napkin around her neck and use the clip to hold it. worked great...even though she hated it. (I found the clip at Walmart.)

I wish those disposable bibs had been available when my girls were babies! They would've been GREAT for traveling. I had a couple bibs that were sort of "laminated" and had a "catch all" pocket at the bottom. You could bring just one of those and wipe it down with a wet-wipe after each use.

The bibsters weren't big enough for my DD and at the same time were too big. Her neck and head were so petite that the openings for age appropriate bibs were so big the necks of clothes were getting messy in spite of a bib. She was also always at risk of pulling on them to rip them off if she felt like it.

For our home bibs I got a bunch of hand towels and had my mom cut a correctly sized hole for her head and sew ribbing around it. The she flipped up and sewed the bottom for a "pocket". By the time DD was smart enough to lift it over her head she was old enough to behave or be punished if we told her not to take it off.

To minimize the number of the larger towel bibs we had to take, I took bibsters to wear over the towel bibs. I got by with like 3-4 towel bibs for the week b/c the main mess is right beneath the chin, which was covered by the bibsters.

Just another thought.

We're taking Bibsters for my 22mo old. She always drips her applesauce, spaghetti & yogurt! My sister has this hard plastic bib w/a pocket that's great! I always borrow it when I visit. You just wipe it down & you're done.

I used the bibsters for my DS on our cruise and I use them when going out too - love them! At home, I use these bibs called bumpkins - they're vinyl feeling but are cotton and have the pocket catcher thing. You just wipe or wash them in the sink and they're dry in no time. No need to put through the wash. I bought 3 a few months ago and that's all I need. I bought them at onestepahead but I've seen them at Babies R Us too.

Archived