Question about last day on the ship

Sueil33

I am going on a Double Dip on Wonder this week and was curious about how things go on the last day of the cruise. I have a 4:30 flight out of Orlando and I am now starting to wonder if that is going to leave me with a lot of time to kill. I am using the Disney Magic Transportation.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get the most out of the last day of your trip?

You'll be off the ship by 10:30 or so at the latest. I'd suggest renting a car near the port and going to the Space Center, which is 15 minutes from the port, or, if you're not Disney'd out, driving to Orlando and spending a couple of hours at downtown Disney. If you get off the ship on a Sunday, skip breakfast on the ship and check out the House of Blues Gospel Brunch at downtown Disney, lots of fun. Downtown Disney is less than an hour from the port by car.

You'll be off the ship by 10:30 or so at the latest. I'd suggest renting a car near the port and going to the Space Center, which is 15 minutes from the port, or, if you're not Disney'd out, driving to Orlando and spending a couple of hours at downtown Disney. If you get off the ship on a Sunday, skip breakfast on the ship and check out the House of Blues Gospel Brunch at downtown Disney, lots of fun. Downtown Disney is less than an hour from the port by car.

Actually, they pretty much have everyone off by 9am, unless there is a hold-up with Customs.

Id go for downtown disney, however, if you rent a car why not head to the beach, or perhaps one of the orlando attractions (eg Gatorworld). The Florida Mall is also quite close to the airport

We disembarked yesterday and went to the Space Center and regretted it. We arrived there around 11am, paid $100 to get in, realized our flight time had been changed from 4:50 to 3:05 and so we had only an hour. Our fault. The bus tour was 2+hours, the Imax movies started at noon or later and the space launch ride was too scary for my daughter to try. So we looked at exhibits for an hour and left. We were all too tired to enjoy much after 8 days of Disney anyway, so it was no big deal, but I'd take that $100 back given the chance to re-do it! :o

Archived