Royal Caribbean Finally Announces!

bh2359

I just received an email notifying me that our cruise on the Rhapsody on October 24th out of Galveston, will call at Costa Maya instead of Grand Cayman.

Royal Caribbean has finally changed their itineraries to reflect this. you can go to their website and check other sailings of the Rhapsody to see when they will return to Grand Cayman (December sailings reflect GC.)

It is good to finally know where you will be stopping. For what it is worth, my family enjoyed Costa Maya more than Grand Cayman (partly because they didn't have a plan for what to do in GCM). I enjoyed both but I can't compare the 2 because on GCM I went diving and in Costa Maya I spent the day with the family at the beach in Mahahual. If either of you are interested, I have photos from our stop there and am happy to answer questions.

Costa Maya/Mahahual photo gallery

i'm glad they are rebuilding and getting support from all over. We are on jos 11/14/04 and was disappointed when we thought we may not get there. I was there in 97 and it is a beautiful island and will be again one day; however, I for one will not be disappointed if we do not go in November. Think about it - don't these people still need time to get their lives back to order?? Adding a bunch of tourists each day that "require" services cannot do anything but add to the problems of getting the people that actually live there back to a "normal" life. Additionally, my selfish side says I don't want to go because I don't want to see the devastation on my vacation that I have worked so hard for this past year. I would want to help all of them instead of being a tourist for the day!! I for one would rather go to an alternate port or stay at sea - for pete's sake I wish folks would think of others and let these people have a chance to get their lives back in order. It will take more than just a few months! I know i'm going to get blasted - go ahead and have at it!

The Explorer will not stop in Nassau.

Why do you say that? I just got notification from my TA, as have many others on these boards, that at least the 10/10/04 and 10/24/04 Explorer of the Seas cruises will be at sea on their friday and at Nassau on their Saturday. The RCCL web site confirms this.

Archived