SAMANA...Questions about SAFARI ADVENTURE excursion...

debjo

Greetings to all who have taken the SAFARI BUS ADVENTURE excursion!

I was wondering a few things:

1. With the stop at the "farm" where we get to sample some of the local produce...how safe is this? Should we "eat" the locally grown samples or politely decline?

2. Considering the "hike" to the waterfall and proper footware...is this a "muddy" adventure that we should not wear "good" shoes/sneakers to?

3. When driving on the "open-air safari bus" through the rain forest...are there a lot of bugs & mosquitos to contend with?

4. Does this excursion get cancelled if it rains...considering it is an "open-air" bus? (Thinking about bringing rain ponchos here?)

Many thanks for your experienced answers!

Debjo (who just wants everyone in her group to be "prepared"!)

Greetings to all who have taken the SAFARI BUS ADVENTURE excursion!

I was wondering a few things:

1. With the stop at the "farm" where we get to sample some of the local produce...how safe is this? Should we "eat" the locally grown samples or politely decline?

2. Considering the "hike" to the waterfall and proper footware...is this a "muddy" adventure that we should not wear "good" shoes/sneakers to? We were supposed to go to the waterfall but the roads were washed out and we couldn't go so I would say it has the possibility of being muddy.

3. When driving on the "open-air safari bus" through the rain forest...are there a lot of bugs & mosquitos to contend with? We were there in January and we did use bug spray before our excursion but we didn't have any problem with bugs. (I forgot to check your sig to see when you are sailing)

4. Does this excursion get cancelled if it rains...considering it is an "open-air" bus? (Thinking about bringing rain ponchos here?) We did run into a little bit of rain and I'm glad it was brief. We should have brought our coats :D

Many thanks for your experienced answers!

Debjo (who just wants everyone in her group to be "prepared"!)

I did not take this tour but we did another tour that took us to some similar places so I have answered a couple of your questions from our experience in Samana. I hope it helps.

Thanks jollycruise...

Even though you sailed in January and we'll be sailing in just about two weeks, your answers have helped me plan a little better.

Debjo

Archived