Anniversary Cruise

jitbug

My husband and I are cruising on PoAm for our 25th wedding anniversary but we are cruising with our children. I'd like to schedule (since I'm the vacation planner) some special little things to celebrate although the cruise is celebration enough. Can anyone suggest any special little things I can schedule to surprise my husband on the ship? Also, any special not to miss things we can do either alone or as a family?

Thanks in advance,

jitbug

• Administrators
My husband and I are cruising on PoAm for our 25th wedding anniversary but we are cruising with our children. I'd like to schedule (since I'm the vacation planner) some special little things to celebrate although the cruise is celebration enough. Can anyone suggest any special little things I can schedule to surprise my husband on the ship? Also, any special not to miss things we can do either alone or as a family?

Thanks in advance,

jitbug

Happy anniversary! I'd suggest you order the Honeymoon/Anniversary Romance package through NCL for $79. It includes chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine at sailaway, a plate of canapes one night during the cruise, a champagne and cake party, a photo credit, and dinner for 2 at Le Bistro with a bottle of wine that night. A great value! Here's a link -- http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=WeddingsRomance It includes several things spread throughout the cruise.

Happy anniversary! I'd suggest you order the Honeymoon/Anniversary Romance package through NCL for $79. It includes chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine at sailaway, a plate of canapes one night during the cruise, a champagne and cake party, a photo credit, and dinner for 2 at Le Bistro with a bottle of wine that night. A great value! Here's a link -- http://www.ncl.com/nclweb/cruiser/cmsPages.html?pageId=WeddingsRomance It includes several things spread throughout the cruise.
Hi Michell ... since my dw and I are celebrating our 26th anniversary I want to surprise her with either the romanance pkg you mentioned or the 5 night wine and dine platinum deal ... if it is still offered after the 2.0 upgrades. My question .. the sparkling wine at sailaway .. do you have a choice of the wine or is it champagne? We are not big fans of champagne. And how was the wine at the Le Bistro .. were you given a choice on the type? Thanks dpw

• Administrators
Hi Michell ... since my dw and I are celebrating our 26th anniversary I want to surprise her with either the romanance pkg you mentioned or the 5 night wine and dine platinum deal ... if it is still offered after the 2.0 upgrades. My question .. the sparkling wine at sailaway .. do you have a choice of the wine or is it champagne? We are not big fans of champagne. And how was the wine at the Le Bistro .. were you given a choice on the type? Thanks dpw

It wasn't champagne, per se (that word wasn't on the bottle) -- it was some kind of sparkling white. Sorry I can't be more specific, as we aren't real wine-drinkers -- we saved it and made mimosas with it one morning. :) There was a list of wines to choose from at Le Bistro, or you could pay a bit extra to upgrade to a different bottle. We found one we liked on the included list. Have a great anniversary trip! :)

Thanks MichelleP. I think that package sounds like a great idea. I appreciate your feedback. All your reporting has helped me set up my itinerary for our June sailing.

I'm still trying to settle our 2 Maui and 2 Kauai days. I have a snorkel trip scheduled for Molokini on day 2 Maui that's not so tight with the day being extended from 2pm to 6 pm. Let me tell you that that was quite a stress relief.

We are doing only "on our own" stuff on Kauai as of now. I'm looking at Waimea Canyon and the 2 mile hike from Ke'e beach. Not sure how to schedule this or what other stuff to fit in between. Any suggestions would be appreciated!

Jitbug

We did this romance package on the Pride of Aloha last month. We don't like champagne so we kept the bottle and gave it to friends in Honolulu when we got off the cruise. They opened it before we flew out and to my surprise it was really quite good. We got to pick what wine we wanted at the Bistro and I chose the only Riesling on the menu and liked it also.

• Administrators
Thanks for the great info. Question .. do you have to book this ahead or can you still do it while boarding? Thanks dpw

I believe it must be booked ahead of time, 2 weeks ahead if I'm not mistaken. The number to call and get the definitive answer (and you can also order at this number) is 866-625-1166.

Archived