Infant in Nassau and Freeport

honeymooners11

Hi all,

We will be traveling with our son who will be 16 months old in August to the Bahamas on the Carnival Sensation. There will be 2 other Adults with us and we are trying to figure out what type of shore excursion to do in both Nassau and Freeport. We have done snorkeling before in Cozumel and absolutely loved it and would like for my brother in law to experience it as well. Could I take my son on a snorkeling excursion if my husband and I share the time in the water? Also are there any beaches close to the port that we could use our own snorkel equipment in Freeport? what excursions would you recommend? Thanks in advance,

KT

I have lots of experience with both of those ports but not with snorkeling with kids in those ports.

On one ship in Freeport we did the dolphin close encounter when my youngest was 2.

The 2nd ship to Freeport, we took a taxi to Our Lucaya (something like $4-$5 pp). Ask to be dropped off at the Sheraton Our Lucaya. We walked through the hotel and out the other side and used their beach. It was BEAUTIFUL.

And in Nassau, we always go to Atlantis and spend the day as guests of Atlantis (book a room through Atlantis for the day in advance)

But like I said, we don't snorkel. (You can swim through predator cove at Atlantis...lol)

I would be concerned about taking a young child on a snorkeling tour that involved being on a boat. But maybe you can find something form the beach.

Why don't you look at the Ports of Call section here on Cruise Critic for Bahamas? You'll find lots of info there...

Hi all,

We will be traveling with our son who will be 16 months old in August to the Bahamas on the Carnival Sensation. There will be 2 other Adults with us and we are trying to figure out what type of shore excursion to do in both Nassau and Freeport. We have done snorkeling before in Cozumel and absolutely loved it and would like for my brother in law to experience it as well. Could I take my son on a snorkeling excursion if my husband and I share the time in the water? Also are there any beaches close to the port that we could use our own snorkel equipment in Freeport? what excursions would you recommend? Thanks in advance,

KT

I have always taken my kids along on snorkeling excursions and shared the time in the water with my hubby or whatever adult I'm with on that particular excursion. Bring your own life jacket because they most likely will not have one small enough for your son. I don't have any specific information for either Nassau or Freeport, but just look around and I'm sure you'll find something. Have fun!

Shellie

We just booked on the NCL Sky for August and will be at Grand Bahama Island and Nassua. Do either of these offer a dolphin place that is easy to get to and we could take all 3 kids there (ages at time of cruise 14 months, 6 and 9 y.o.)? TY!

Archived