Balcony Suggestions

vickihd

JettaGirl
Cool Cruiser Join Date: Jan 2004

"Clarification of balcony sizes...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I got this from another post and just wanted to clarify if any of this was correct for the Star Princess:

-Riviera, Aloha, and Baja deck balconies are about 6' deep x 10' wide, and totally covered. The suites on the Riviera deck are double width.

-Caribe deck balconies are about 12' deep x 10' wide, half covered and half uncovered.

-Dolphin deck minisuite balconies are about 10' deep x 10' wide, and totally uncovered.

-Emerald deck minisuite balconies are about 10' deep x 10' wide, and totally covered.

Any information about these decks or balconies is greatly appreciated...thanks!"

I hope the above post helps. Now for my input, I don't know which ship these were meant for, but they do apply to the Carribean Princess.

The thing that I have found re: covered or not, is that even if is IS exposed, the amount of people looking over to your balcony is very minimal. The only time you will see tons of folks outside is when arriving/departing the islands. Other than that, I have seen minimal folks.

Was on the extended (9/18/04 - 9/27/04) Caribbean Princess cruise. We were in Baja 331. Balcony was fantastic. Would definitely include in the 'must have' list.

Quite a number on our cruise were early risers, ourselves included, and could be seen/heard in the early hours watching the sunrise. Room service was kept busy delivering coffee! We enjoyed our balcony at all hours - early am for sunrise & coffee, relaxing before lunch/dinner with a drink, in the evening to admire the moonlight - even just for a few moments of quiet reflection. We were able to see the dolphins play beside the ship one morning (word travelled quick about that - mega people out in a very short time and this was at 6 am!), fly fish and of course the shoreline of various places.

One quick warning though - the windows are washed on the upper decks just around sunrise. Strongly suggest you listen for it and don't be close to the rail. If you are, bring an umbrella. If you are on the uncovered balconies - I guess you could have your own wet t-shirt (pj) contest!

The only other drawback - inconsiderate smokers who flick their ash (esp cigar ash & pipe tobacco) over their balconies & it now covers your table/chairs. You will also be able to smell the cigarettes/cigars/pipes if the smokers are out on their balconies.

Debbie

We are traveling on the Saffire in March for 19 days. We have an AA mini-suite. Are the mini-suite balconies on the Saffire 10' by 10'? When I saw the Diamond in port in Vancouver, they didn't appear that large. Any help with my question would be most appreciated!:confused:

Here is a picture showing the balconies on the CB. I believe the top level to the lowest is:

Lido
Rivera
Aloha
Baja
Caribe
Dolphin (The one with the couple.)

You can see all of the Dolphin balcony, but the Caribe goes back under like the decks above.
Correct me if I'm wrong.

[img]http://community.webshots.com/s/image5/1/95/60/170819560yMxpaR_ph.jpg[/img]

Archived