FLL or Miami

JediSkipdogg

I'm looking at flying from Cincinnati and cruising out of the Port of Miami on September 8.

My question is, which is easier AND cheaper? I will be flying down on Sunday for a cruise on Monday. My two options are flying into Fort Lauderdale or Miami, FLL is $10 cheaper. Would I make up the $10 or not? I was looking at the La Quinta Inn next to the Miami airport and it seems they off free (from what some have said on here) shuttle service to the Port.

What are other's experiences flying down there a day early? I'm traveling alone and most likely my flight will arrive early evening down there so I don't need to find alot to do, but if there's something close by that's a plus. Thanks in advance for your help.

We are also going a day early and staying at LaQuinta East. We are flying directly to Miami, even though flights to FLL were cheaper. The difference would be used in getting to Miami.

Using LaQuinta because we had such a good experience with them in FLL in March. They offered free pick up at airport and transportation to hotel. When we checked in we signed up for the shuttle the next morning based on the ship we were on. Everything was unbelievably organized. The company they use in FLL (KSA tours) took us to the cruise port and offered us return transportation from port to airport when we returned for $8 per person. We took it and it was ideal. We are hoping it works the same way in Miami.

No. Fly to MIA.

How bout if I said it was $20-30 cheaper? I'm looking at an option of flying out of Indianapolis now. The flights there are $39 cheaper than Dayton however I have to drive an extra 70 miles to the airport for that. Isn't there some sort of train or lightrail between FLL and MIA?

Nothing that's going to make up the difference in what you spend for gas to drive back and forth from Ohio to Indiana and then the transportation from FLL to Miami and then back again.

Chalk it up to a good vacation and make it easier for yourself.

How bout if I said it was $20-30 cheaper? I'm looking at an option of flying out of Indianapolis now. The flights there are $39 cheaper than Dayton however I have to drive an extra 70 miles to the airport for that. Isn't there some sort of train or lightrail between FLL and MIA?

Again, no. Fly to MIA. There is a train, but it doesn't do what you think it does, and you will spend more time and money trying to make it work than you could save.

I dunno how much help this is, but I'm also flying out of Indianapolis, but I'm flying into FLL. We got our flight's for exactly $200. It was $79 each way through airtran. I thought this was decent. Which ship will you be on? We are leaving the same day.

I dunno how much help this is, but I'm also flying out of Indianapolis, but I'm flying into FLL. We got our flight's for exactly $200. It was $79 each way through airtran. I thought this was decent. Which ship will you be on? We are leaving the same day.

That's the flight I most likely saw. I will most likely be sailing on the Carnival Fascination. It looks like right now it's $229 to fly from Dayton to FLL. The flights into Miami must have just gone up today as I can't seem to find the one I saw last night that I believe was only $244 into Miami. Now into Miami is $267, so I may fly into FLL afterall.

We have a group of 6 going so we were debating whether to do a shared ride or just rent a car. I read somewhere that there is a shuttle service that does shared rides for $18 pp each way. I think we are gonna suck it up and rent a van and drive. that way we can explore FLL a little bit and we can drop the car off before we head to the port. We're doing the 4 day from Miami, Nassau, Cococay, and Key West. I'm pumped! I've never been on RCI.

That's the flight I most likely saw. I will most likely be sailing on the Carnival Fascination. It looks like right now it's $229 to fly from Dayton to FLL. The flights into Miami must have just gone up today as I can't seem to find the one I saw last night that I believe was only $244 into Miami. Now into Miami is $267, so I may fly into FLL afterall.

OK, $229 vs. $267....the savings will be used up on shuttles or rentals...never mind the time involved...fly direct!

Archived