Tell me about Victory!!

somechic

We are thinking about cruising on Carnival Victory during October of 2009 and have never cruised with Carnival before. Please tell me the good and bad about this ship.

Thank you.....Trish

I like the ship. The decor is nicer than the Fantasy class ships and not as dark as the Spirit class. The size I thought was fine. I didnt like that the back of the ship is closed off and not open.Im talking about the Lido deck. I really like the openess of the Fantasy class ships on the Lido deck as well as the Spirit Class.While not one of the newer ships, it certainly is well taken care of last time we were on in 06.

Im back on the Victory for 2nd time in June so can't be that bad.:D

I will also be on the Victory June 28th. This will be my first time on this ship so when I get back I'll let you know more. I am also having my wedding onboard and have 50 people sailing with us, so it should definitely be a trip to remember! We have one of the only eight penthouse suites booked, so I'm sure our room will be really nice! Will keep you posted.

I like the ship. The decor is nicer than the Fantasy class ships and not as dark as the Spirit class. The size I thought was fine. I didnt like that the back of the ship is closed off and not open.Im talking about the Lido deck. I really like the openess of the Fantasy class ships on the Lido deck as well as the Spirit Class.While not one of the newer ships, it certainly is well taken care of last time we were on in 06.

Im back on the Victory for 2nd time in June so can't be that bad.:D

I have been on the Victory 2x and the Fascination once----I too really likrd the tables outside therestaurant on the Lido which wasn't on the Victory. Truly enjoyed the Victory though - colours are fun, service was great.

Is it only the Fantasy class that the otside part on the Lido deck?

My DD 11 and I were on the Victory Feb 07 and we loved it!! The rooms were a good size. We were with a group and had three of us in an outside room. We were never walking on top of each other. The closet space was verygenerous as was the desk/vanity area.

Ship was always very clean. Pools were great. We were always able to find chairs near the pools. She did not go to the kids area, but we did go there for her to make a stuffed bear, that was fun.

My only complaint (if I had to name one) was that the excursion desk was hardly ever open. It was really no big deal for us as we booked all of our excursions prior to leaving home.

We asked for and had gotten a table for just the two of us and our waiter was absolutely wonderful!! After about day two, he already had our drinks on the table by the time we arrived and had already put in the order for Bailey's dinner. She always ate chicken nuggets and fries (every night).

I would definately go on this ship again.

:D

We sailed on the Victory in Feb. The decor is very GREEN, but I like green so I thought it was great ! Be careful of the seahorses on the stairways-they can bite if you're not careful ! :D I thought we had an overall good crew but by the time you sail the crew will mostly be different people so hopefully you will find the same. The only time it felt crowded was sometimes on Lido but otherwise we enjoyed all the different locations to sit and people watch or listen to different music or have a quiet drink. Oh, the other place that got really crowded was by the photos towards the end of the cruise. Take your patience with you when trying to find yours! Others have complained that they felt it was a bit difficult to navigate around the ship but we didn't find that at all. Occasionally one looses their direction on any ship but we found it to be easy to get to where ever we wanted to go. We had a balcony room on Lido deck and loved the location. The rooms do not have refrigerators but our room steward kept our ice bucket filled at all times for us so that was no problem. The beds are very comfortable. Lots and lots of storage room in the cabin. Small bathrooms as usual but just fine. Self service laundry rooms I believe on each floor, which is nice if you need to wash and/or dry a few clothes while traveling. The Victory does not have a specialty restaurant if that interest you. Food is very subjective and can change from week to week, but while we didn't starve by any means, neither did we find anything to come home raving about.

I think our over all impression of the Victory boils down to the fact that if she was the ship doing an itinerary that we wanted to do we certainly would sail on her again, but at the same time we wouldn't pick an itinerary just because the Victory was sailing it.

Archived