Port to Hotel

I was wondering if it was possible to walk to my hotel, Sandman Hotel-Downtown on Georgia St. from the port Canada Place. Is there anyone out there might know this. I looked on the maps and measured it and to drive it, it only takes two minutes and to walk it it only takes 16 minutes. I was also wondering will it be hard to find if I can walk it.

Yes, it is walkable, especially during the day. Shouldn't be hard to find. Georgia

Street is a main thoroughfare and it is across from the Queen Elizabeth Theatre

and kitty-corner from the main Post Office. From the cruise ship

terminal, walk straight up Howe Street to Georgia and then east past Hamilton Street

and the Library.

I was wondering if it was possible to walk to my hotel, Sandman Hotel-Downtown on Georgia St. from the port Canada Place. Is there anyone out there might know this. I looked on the maps and measured it and to drive it, it only takes two minutes and to walk it it only takes 16 minutes. I was also wondering will it be hard to find if I can walk it.

Or take Skyrain (subway):

- Off the ship, exit the cruise terminal, and ahead 100yds on your left is the entrance to Skytrain's "Waterfront Station" (an escallator going down) off the street (where the cabs line up).

- At the bottom, buy a $2.50 one zone ticket, and then turn left again to get to the platform, and get on any eastbound train.

- Get off at STADIUM station (3 stations later), take the exit to your left as you get off, and go up to Beatty St. Turn left as you exit the station, and the Sandman is 1.5 blocks straight ahead

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&hl=en&msa=0&msid=100934763039761071004.00044cc6e2eeb89e9d67b&ll=49.283596,-123.110991&spn=0.015677,0.047035&t=h&z=15

So long as you only have a single roller suitcase per person it is quite walkable. You will have a gentle rise in elevation from the water but it nothing that will bother a person who is reasonalby fit. Otherwise it is Sky Train or a cab which will run you $10/$12.

Archived