Tell me about the Liberty!

bernieb86

We're thinking of booking in Jan09. Give me the good, the bad and the ugly about this ship. Great itenerary for kids in Jan09! Thank you so much! :D

There's a long thread about the Liberty on here somewhere (and I hate megathreads :mad: as they are too much to scroll through).

I've been on the Liberty twice the past two April's and I'll give you my opinion, for what it's worth.

Appearance: Still has a new look to it. The ship looks like a Vegas hotel. Lots of lights of different colors.

Cabins: balcony cabins are decent sized and look nice.

Amenities: Pools are small and kept filled with salt water. Two dining rooms are nice, spa is top notch as is gym. Supper Club Harry's is outstanding and well worth the $30 surcharge. Camp Carnival is great for kids. Mini golf on top sund deck. Seaside big screen outdoor movie theater on Lido is a good take.

Entertainment: New show has Christopher Graves doing a Sinatra/Sammy Davis Jr tribute and is one of the better cruise shows I have seen. The other two shows are standard Vegas revues and are pretty good. For some reason, nothing goes on in any clubs until 9, 9:30 or later. That should change. The current cruise director, Steve, can be quite annoying. The previous CD, Todd W, now on the Freedom, is easier on the ears and more informative saying a lot less.

Food: Buffet breakfasts in Emilles are forgettable, at best with no variety of bakes goods and flat omelets. For early starters, you can't even get eggs or omelets before 7:30 on sea days. Carnival has a ways to go in this regard. Lunch buffets are better. There is a Fish & Chips restaurant upstairs from Emille's with very good fried oysters, buillabase, fish & chips, Ahi tuna appetizer, and more. The 24-hour pizza place near the AFT pool is actually very good. So is the ice cream from the soft self serve machines (frozen yogurt also available). Dinners in the main dining rooms can be very good. As mentioned earlier, supper club is outstanding.

The Liberty has a problem with chair hogging. Get your pool chairs early on sea days if that matters to you.

I would book the Liberty again. But the shows this year were the same as last year and I am looking for a new ship and a new itinerary (we're doing Crown Princess next year). But my wife and I will either do Liberty or Freedom when we do a Europe cruise in the next 2-5 years. I recommend the Liberty highly.

We're thinking of booking in Jan09. Give me the good, the bad and the ugly about this ship. Great itenerary for kids in Jan09! Thank you so much! :D

January used to be a kid free time of year!

The Liberty is a very nice ship! She is still in good shape.

I would book the Liberty again. But the shows this year were the same as last year and I am looking for a new ship and a new itinerary (we're doing Crown Princess next year). I recommend the Liberty highly.

I hear ya about the shows:( I too will be doing the Crown Princess but, this fall.

Archived