Just Booked 7688 on Mariner

Is this a good cabin? It is an aft balcony in a corner. I hear the balcony is larger, but somewhat obstructed. Is there a better cabin in this category (I think E - Deluxe)?

Thanks!

The BEST balcony on the ship!! You have a porthole off to the side and the whole balcony to overlook the water.

You also will have a WONDERFUL room steward ~ Tell Lenroy Pat and Tara say hello!! :)

I think you may literally have the biggest balcony on the ship. When we were staying up in 1694, we stopped through on our way off the ship just to see 7688 or 7388. They're mirror twins of each other on the corners. we wanted to see that huge balcony. It's really something.

Someone will come through eventually and remind you that it's really shaded. But, we find that our balcony is a place we relax. There are plenty of chances for sun outside.

Years ago I saw a picture on Webshots where someone hosted a party out there in one of those cabins. There were 21 people in the picture and they weren't using half the balcony for the pose.

The room is very average in size itself. That's okay--you could just take up out there and make yourself a new way of life. Have a great time.

You may have been talking about our picture :D

1345116509030112964S600x600Q85.jpg

Pretty amazing, huh? And quick too. Actually I can't remember if that's the one or not. It probably was though. I'm glad you showed it. Demonstrates just how massive the space is. Handsome group, too, Michelle.

Thanks! Are there any problems with people from above looking down at you? What about trash...papers, cigarette butts, etc. falling from above?

Of course, we were just on Liberty Deck 10 most forward cabin and we still came out to cigarette ashes all over and a plastic bag that blew in. Who knew? I assumed everything would blow back.:confused:

Thanks! The group in the picture was our CC group that met here online. My DH and another person were taking pictures so we had a few more on the balcony! We had alot of fun together over the course of the week with that group.

The beauty of 7688 is that no one can look down onto your balcony! We did not experience any soot or anything else blowing onto the balcony. Enjoy it. It's awesome:D

Is this a good cabin? It is an aft balcony in a corner. I hear the balcony is larger, but somewhat obstructed. Is there a better cabin in this category (I think E - Deluxe)?

Thanks!

We were in 7688 on 4/13/08. I put lots of photos in my review. They should answer your questions.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=764740

Archived