Harbour Nights

eyesofbrown

I saw that Hamilton has an outdoor festival/fair every Wednesday evening from April to October called Harbour Nights. Has anyone been to it? If so, how hard is it to get transportation back to the ship in the evenings from Hamilton?

I was there last week and it was an absolute waste of time. It was the first of the season so it may get better, but I wouldn't go out of my way to attend.

The music was boring, there were only 17 or 18 street vendors mainly selling cheap jewlery, and all the surrounding shops were closed.

If you're already in or near Hamilton then check it out for yourself, and let me know if it got better!

I was there last week and it was an absolute waste of time. It was the first of the season so it may get better, but I wouldn't go out of my way to attend.

The music was boring, there were only 17 or 18 street vendors mainly selling cheap jewlery, and all the surrounding shops were closed.

If you're already in or near Hamilton then check it out for yourself, and let me know if it got better!

Hopefully it will get better. They make it sound as if it's something not to be missed. We're actually looking forward to going when we're there in Aug.

I'm planning on visiting it the Wednesday of the week we will be there. July 12th week. I didn't know they had one in St George, we will be docked there. Will have to check this out! thanks

Lancaster:D

We have been to both St. George and Hamilton. Hamilton is the larger of the two. Two years ago, a vender was selling these little donuts, freshly fried and they were delicious. I must have eaten about 20 of them. My stomach still hurts at the memory. LOL

The one is St. George usually has music and dancers. Most of the venders there were selling prints of local artists for about 50% of the store prices. We bought quite a few at that price and we still have them up on the walls.

Since we are going May 17th, we will let you know how this year's festivals are.

We were there a couple of years ago and it was a very pleasant evening. We walked up and down and dropped by a few pubs because one of our kids had just turned 18 and was so enjoying the little thrill of ordering a drink. She was actually disappointed when they didn't card her, lol. The shops stayed open until at least 9 as i recall. I hope this hasn't changed (maybe it was early in the season yet?)

I am actually hoping it will be more of a cultural festival rather than it being an evening where the stores stay open later.

Hmmmm . . . that's cause you're not a girl:D Seriously, though. Bermuda makes it darn hard to tear yourself away from the beautiful beaches and scenery as long as there's daylight. The real reason I like the stores to stay open is so I can stay later at the beach and still see something of Hamilton.

Archived