Anyone had a Combo Cabin?

ciship

We just booked on the Pride and got a combo cabin which was an extended balcony connected to an inside cabin. We are taking our kids with us for the first time and we thought this was a great way for them to have their own room while still attached to our room. There are only 6 cabin combos on the ship that I'm aware of. Has anyone had one of these? We got quite a good deal on it and I was wondering why?? Are the rooms smaller or something? They are really FAR forward by Camp Carnival which is great for the conveinence, but I'm not going to like being forward because of all the motion up front.

Please ...any opinions?

Christi Q.

Every cabin probably has a pro and con about it. Yes, you are correct as there are very few of these combo cabins available. One has a balcony and the other is an inside. The only other way around that is to get a cabin across the hall from the balcony room. Yes the cabin is forward so you may feel a little bit more motion the being in the middle but how often willyou be in the cabin?

Serene56,

Thanks for responding. Actually, for some reason my husband and I really enjoy being in the cabin and on the balcony so we were in there a lot last cruise. I am just hoping for smooth waters and I hope my kids don't get seasick.

If I had paid separately for an inside across the hall or whatever, the cost would have been MUCH more than what I paid for this combo so that is why I was wondering if the configuration was smaller or set up differently.

Either way....I'm anxious to get on The Pride.

Christi Q.

Serene56,

This is a balcony cabin connected to an inside cabin. Unique and perfect for parents with kids. My TA suggested it since I didnt want the kids across the hall or no connecting doors between our cabins.

cq

Serene56,

Well, my final cost on the combo cabin was $3524 for the four of us. This is an 8c Extended balcony connected to a 4b inside.

If I had purchased the 8c by itself and had all four of us in the balcony cabin, I could have gotten it around $3500 (but we would be crammed together in one cabin).

If I had purchased the 8c separately with the 4b across the hall (dis-connected) then I would have paid around $3800.

Now, these few combo cabins are only located FAR forward, so maybe that is the reason they are cheaper because no one wants to be that far forward....but...that is why I was wondering if anyone knew?? All I know is that I am glad to have gotten the chance at one of them. I have never been "forward" so I may hate that.......but.......I'm sure everything will be fine.

cq

I am sure you all will be fine also...like I said- how often are you gonna be in the cabin..bet you will be too busy to notice.

THanks for taking the time to explain to me how that combo works.

For my first cruise i lost 50 pounds.. boy did i feel great.. and i only gained 1 pound that whole week...compared to a brother who gained 14. (thats 2 pounds a day..almost 10,000 calories a day= wow.)

the most i gained on a cruise was 3 pounds and thats because Joe wanted to take the elevator more then walk the steps...thistime I will meet him wherever.

Hi Christi,

I was in the 2nd cabin from the front of the ship when I was on the Norwegian Sea - A much smaller ship than the Pride. We had some very rough seas the first night out of Miami, but the motion in the room did not bother me at all, in fact I think I slept better there than in most other cabins! The main thing I noticed was that you could here a little more noise from the ship moving thru the water. It was kind of like those "white noise" machines that places sell that block out other more annoying sounds. The really nice thing is that there is much less hall traffic when you are that far forward which helps keep it quieter overall. I would not hesitate to choose a forward cabin on a future trip. Have a great time!

jla418,

I'm so glad you posted on this topic. I feel better now. I was wondering if I needed to bring a fan or small air purifier to block out noise, but sounds like in your experience, the ocean will be the only "white noise" I need.

Thanks!!

• 5 months later...

I am just back from our cruise on the PRIDE.......wow!!!

I had promised on several threads to give my opinion on the combo cabins forward ship. We had combo 5106-5108. Two doors down from the front.

Didnt feel anymore motion than we did when we had a midship cabin on the last cruise.

Didnt hear any disturbing music or sounds from the Taj Mahal right below us.

Camp Carnival is a mere 5 steps away.......sweet!! No noise from the camp to disturb you in your room.

Quiet hallways and very little foot traffic.

ONLY NEGATIVE!!! The balcony is virtually useless as I had read before. We could only go out on the balcony in port and when the ship was completely STILL. Even then, it was horribly windy and uncomfortable. We still loved the view on our port side of the ship, but just couldnt go outside.

Let me know if anyone has any questions.

I have read recently that the door to the balcony whistles at night while at sea. Did you find this true?

No, ours did not whistle and we had a rough ride on that last night back from Cabo (not in our room, but noticible in other areas of the ship). If our door was going to whistle, that would have been the time b/c the wind was so forceful, we couldnt even open our balcony door!!

Archived