Why Princess?

pmoniz

Does Princess have those cruise director announcements constantly like Carnival does?

What a great thread for a Princess 1st timer:)

No, in most cases you either have to go out into the hall to hear what's happening or turn on your TV to the Princess channel. The cabins are much quieter than on some of the other lines.

I don't think anyone has mentioned what attracts us the most to Princess - the choice of the size of ship. You can go with the big boys, like the Emerald or pick something more intimate, like the TP or PP. You can go mega or not, there plenty of other sizes inbetween so there's a ship that will fit almost anyone.

Ok all you Princess experts - help me out! I've cruised Carnival & RCCL. Looking at maybe cruising with Princess next year out of NYC. What are your opinions on why I should choose Princess?? I don't really know anything about the cruise line! Thanks in advance!

I've cruised RCCL twice and Princess once on the Crown (we just booked a 2nd Princess cruise for next spring). These were our observations, but everything is subjective. Overall, Princess suited us well enough that I rebooked.

RCCL: Voyager class ships are jaw-dropping spectacular

Princess: We never thought the ship felt crowded (as we did on RCCL)

RCCL: Traditional dining had an classic feel - every meal was an "event"

Princess: Anytime dining was more convenient, and allowed us to do things on our own terms.

RCCL: Variety and layout of the buffet was better.

Princess: Choices were more limited, and layout more crowded, but quality was better.

RCCL: Traditional dining service was fantastic but food was hit and miss.

Princess: Anytime dining service was hit and miss, but food was fantastic.

RCCL: Lowest category balcony cabins seemed very spacious

Princess: Standard balcony cabin seemed a little cramped, but the closet area was laid out better.

I put up a complete review if you're interested, in this thread: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=764967

Great post, EmpressofPurple! (and I liked being able to see your photo - I don't have the nerve to do that! :o)

We like being able to use the Future Cruise program - what a deal!

While we loved both HAL and Carnival, we found HAL a bit too snooty for our taste - maybe it was our imagination but the service seemed much better on Princess and Carnival. Carnival was great when our kids were younger, but their decor is not as nice as Princess or HAL.

I personally LOVE the thermal suite and those heated ceramic chairs! I wish I could buy one for my home!

We are tempted to try other lines such as NCL and RCCL but Princess makes it too easy to book your next cruise, with hardly any down payment.

I enjoyed reading this thread but wonder what people who favor other lines might say?

Archived