ventura charges

Madkitty

What lovely pictures of the Seawing. I have been on her twice before. I remember meeting the Food and Beverage manager and fell in love with him..... Of course it was just a holiday romance, but i never will forget him. I am a wee scottish girl, and fell in love with him.

thanks - it was our first cruise and totally incredible to have the staff captain dine with our table every night for dinner :D

They certainly slipped that one in under the radar, at one time Royal Caribbean charged for the mini golf but that was soon dropped, so fingers crossed that the same thing happens with the Cirque charges.

hi sparkie Have you never thought of applying to work onboard ship.

Well I never realised they were charging for cirque :mad: I dont like these hidden extras!

Yes, that is very naughty.

I have read on crows nest that it is approx £3.00 for a 10 min jump on the bungee trampolines but that it take approx 5 mins to secure the harness and tell you all the safety rules.

Have to say that there is also an age restriction i read some where that it was from 8yrs and up, understandable for say the trapeze. My girls of 5 and 7 are extemely disappointed they wanted to try stilt walking,clowning etc. but we are unsure now if any of that will be possible.

Lou

Does anyone know anything about Rock School my 13 year old son is really looking forward to it.

I didn't know there was a charge for cirque or bungee trampoline either, my 13 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son were also looking forward to rock school.

It was a toss-up whether we tried P&O with Ventura or stuck with RCCL Independance of the Seas - looks like we might have made the wrong choice with P&O:mad:

Hi There

Yes there is a rock school.It took place in Havana nightclub during the day.A couple of the teenagers performed at the talent show .Great idea sorry don,t know about costs as we were travelling as a couple (kids flown the nest)

Happy cruising Kay:)

I didn't know there was a charge for cirque or bungee trampoline either, my 13 yr old daughter and 11 yr old son were also looking forward to rock school.

It was a toss-up whether we tried P&O with Ventura or stuck with RCCL Independance of the Seas - looks like we might have made the wrong choice with P&O:mad:

we did Liberty last year (Independence's sister) and she is truly incredible and would recommend it to be done at some point!!!

we did Liberty last year (Independence's sister) and she is truly incredible and would recommend it to be done at some point!!!

They charge for things like Cirque?? Do they charge for the rock school as well?? If they do and they put on a talent show I hope they will pay the performers?? Or is that not as P&O would say 'a very British thing to do.'

I'm very surprised at these charges and would urge P&O to drop them.

Don't mind paying a little extra for the dinning or the drinks. We don't have children and agree with Elaine0138 that was snuck in under the radar -- has anyone seen notice of the charges in the brochures?

This type of holiday is billed as 'don't worry about your entertainment, don't worry about where to dine -- it's all sorted.' Now will parents have to worry, "How much are the children running up on the account?"

I'd urge anyone going on this to stay away from these daft charges and see if we can get P&O to drop them....

Hi to all,

I am saddened that P&O charge for the kids activities. They should Definitely be included as with RCI. Does it actually say in the brochure that the bungee etc is subject to extra charge?:mad:

Miffed miss mental!:p

They don't charge for the kids clubs.

With Cirque Ventura most of the charges are for classes in things like Clowning, Breakdancing and Trapeeze. They are supervised by experts so there is bound to be a charge. I think the charge for classes is £10 for adults and £5 for children, but don't quote me on that. A 10 minute session on the bungee trampoline is £3. I would be more than happy to pay that level of charge. Also from P&O's point of view it will act a regulator of demand for what will be very popular activities.

Seems fair enough to me to be honest.

Eddie

With Cirque Ventura most of the charges are for classes in things like Clowning, Breakdancing and Trapeeze. They are supervised by experts so there is bound to be a charge. I think the charge for classes is £10 for adults and £5 for children, but don't quote me on that. A 10 minute session on the bungee trampoline is £3. I would be more than happy to pay that level of charge. Also from P&O's point of view it will act a regulator of demand for what will be very popular activities.

Eddie

Rock climbing on RCI is supervised by experts and so is the flowrider but no charges for them

Eddie

Well I had rather that they had made it clear, then we could have made a more informed decision. Perhaps we should have looked into it closer, but when Cirque Ventura is advertised as part of the kids club activities, and the kids club is free, obvious assumptions are going to be made!

Looks like we are going to be pestered by the kids :rolleyes: £3 or £5 might not be much in one go, but when the kids want to go on several times a day, and we are on-board for 14days....................:(

when Cirque Ventura is advertised as part of the kids club activities, and the kids club is free, obvious assumptions are going to be made!

To be honest I always thought it was sepetate from the kids clubs. But obviously it will appeal to kids (and to big kids like me ;) ).

Interesting that they don't charge for similar activities on RCI. I have a feeling that the charges are to manage the demand, rather than a another case of rip off Britain.

Eddie

Well I had rather that they had made it clear, then we could have made a more informed decision. Perhaps we should have looked into it closer, but when Cirque Ventura is advertised as part of the kids club activities, and the kids club is free, obvious assumptions are going to be made!

Looks like we are going to be pestered by the kids :rolleyes: £3 or £5 might not be much in one go, but when the kids want to go on several times a day, and we are on-board for 14days....................:(

Have to agree with you. I never for one minute thought it would cost extra for these facilities....PO certainly never mentioned it in any of their marketing. i dont think you could of found out about it before booking your cruise as they didnt seem to have much in the way of this type of information, they didn't even inform people that the 3D cinema was not happening.

Well we will see i supose, i am on in 2weeks time and have 2 kids i hope they dont pester me non-stop about it!!

Lou

To be honest I always thought it was sepetate from the kids clubs. But obviously it will appeal to kids (and to big kids like me ;) ).

Interesting that they don't charge for similar activities on RCI. I have a feeling that the charges are to manage the demand, rather than a another case of rip off Britain.

Eddie

I dont see how that can be the case - on RCI last year the flowrider was always busy but you always got to have a go. It really hurts me that we pay a hell of a lot of money for a cruise anyway for them to throw these little charges in. The same goes with the restaurants, if RCI can charge £10pp then why cant P&O

The same goes with the restaurants, if RCI can charge £10pp then why cant P&O

But P&O dont charge $10pp for shuttle buses which RCI do. They are normally free. Also the P&O drink prices are cheaper than RCI without the 15% "service" charge. So its swings and roundabouts.

Brian

The same goes with the restaurants, if RCI can charge £10pp then why cant P&O

But P&O usually have free shuttle buses for which RCI charge $10pp. Also the P&O drinks prices are cheaper than RCI and no service charge. So its swings and roundabouts.

Brian

but the drinks prices with RCI are cheaper anyway due to the exchange rate so you dont notice that 15% at all (I can also imagine that they are a lot stronger measures as well). I have also never experienced the need with RCI to want a shuttle bus anywhere but perhaps thats because Ive only experienced the caribbean.

But P&O usually have free shuttle buses for which RCI charge $10pp. Also the P&O drinks prices are cheaper than RCI and no service charge. So its swings and roundabouts.

Brian

Drinks work out about the same on both lines, our bar bill on Oceana was within a couple of pounds of our last trip on Serenade and I have never been charged $10.00 for a shuttle bus on RCI.

Drinks work out about the same on both lines, our bar bill on Oceana was within a couple of pounds of our last trip on Serenade and I have never been charged $10.00 for a shuttle bus on RCI.

We were on a Baltic cruise two years ago when the dollar exchange was aorund 1.60 so drinks were most expensive than P&O at the time. maybe if they have not put their prices up much at nearly $2 to £1 now they might be comparable. Every port except Oslo(free bus provided by port) and St Petersburg (not allowed on your own) their was a charge for the a shuttle bus. When there are two of you the costs quickly mount up

Brian

Hello,

I emailed P&O regarding the charges for some of the activities. They have replied.

'I am sorry to learn of your disappointment regarding the extra charges for

some activities on board.

Whilst at this stage there is no plans to amend this, I will be certain to

pass your comments on to our Marketing Team who will take on your feedback for the future.'

Hopfully it might make a difference?

Heather. :confused:

Archived