Never cruised NCL before...need help

mscreneet

Thought I better repost this as my last post wasnt titled properly.

My family and I cruise yearly (normally carnical and RCCL) weve now decided to try out Norweigan

Are there any preferred ships? Newer ships that are better than others?

Were are looking to do something for 5-7 nights.

There will be kids so we need something kid friendly

Is NCL kid friendly at all? How are the activities?

Any help you can offer is appreciated

Your questions are so broad in base that they're a little difficult to answer. What one person might prefer when it comes to ships, another may not. All of the newer and larger ships will offer you a great time. You could spend a lot of time and research all the reviews on all the different one's, or get a general idea by reading about them on the NCL site and decide which you think is best.

Any of the ships will offer you the chance to have a great. It's just a matter of what itinerary you want to sail and when you want to go. As to what your choices might be. When you have narrowed it down you can find specific reviews on the ship and other information.

As for kid friendly, yes they are kid friendly. I don't have young children for first hand experience but I've read many reviews with glowing reports of how much their kids enjoyed the kids crew.

Hope that helped a little.:)

Thought I better repost this as my last post wasnt titled properly.

My family and I cruise yearly (normally carnical and RCCL) weve now decided to try out Norweigan

Are there any preferred ships? Newer ships that are better than others?

Were are looking to do something for 5-7 nights.

There will be kids so we need something kid friendly

Is NCL kid friendly at all? How are the activities?

Any help you can offer is appreciated

We also cruise every year at least twice a year and we also cruise with kids on all three lines you mentioned. (Carnival, RCCL and NCL).

YES, NCL is kid friendly. Excellent kids program. Lots of activities for kids. Lots of relaxing time for parents.

Their newer ships (Jewel, Jade, etc.) compare in size with the Spirit class in Carnival, not as large as the Conquest class in Carnival and quite a bit smaller than the Freedom class in Royal Caribbean.

Their service is very good (my opinion). Activities compare to both Carnival as well as RCCL. Food was very good on NCL.

Best ships? That would depend on what route you want to sail, I honestly believe that some people would tell you a ship is A+ while someone else, on the same sailing might tell you exactly the opposite, it is a matter of personal opinion. :D

Hi

I been on three different NCL ships and had a great time on each. The Sea being the oldest and smallest and the Dawn being the largest and most modern.

All of the ships were kid friendly and NCL, I believe, has the youngest fleet. I believe each ship is similiar with slight differences based on the number of additional dining options and activities offered. If your kids enjoy ice skating, rock climbing or any other activity find the NCL ship that has offers the activity.

You will have a great time if you want to.

I would find the ship that has the best destinations or was departing from a convenient port. Your kids will have a great time regardless of which ship you select.

Kid friendly: very, great program for all ages.

Best ship: so many are new and all newer, it is hard to tell, this depends on what you are looking for. We love the Sun, but she isn't as new as some. She is only 7 years old, certainly not old (actually she will be 7 in Oct) some people prefer the really new ones like the Pearl and Gem. The nesest one we have cruised is the Jewel. Of course the newer the ship, the more stuff like the bowling alleys you will find. I think almost any NCL ship is worth a try.

Nita

Archived