Dawn to Bermuda docking question

Hi everyone, Im on the 5-18 sailing to Bermuda on the Dawn and I was told by the TA that the ship stays docked in Kings Warf for 3 days, but I've read several threads that after the 1st day the ship goes to Grassy Bay and then we are tendered to shore! Does anyone know the real deal? and how far are we tendered in the life boats? I'm very excited to experience NCL and I will update when I return any info on the 2.0! I have a balcony room. I was alitlle bummed that the cruise prices dropped quite a bit after I paid for mine and NCL would not credit me, is this typical? Thanks

Hi everyone, Im on the 5-18 sailing to Bermuda on the Dawn and I was told by the TA that the ship stays docked in Kings Warf for 3 days, but I've read several threads that after the 1st day the ship goes to Grassy Bay and then we are tendered to shore! Does anyone know the real deal? and how far are we tendered in the life boats? I'm very excited to experience NCL and I will update when I return any info on the 2.0! I have a balcony room. I was alitlle bummed that the cruise prices dropped quite a bit after I paid for mine and NCL would not credit me, is this typical? Thanks

We are on this sailing too. We are docked the entire time. No tendering will be necessary. The first few sailings did spend less time docked and had to tender. Not us though. I attached a link to a site that will show you the docking schedule.

As far as price goes. After final payment is made you probably will not be given any credits of any kind. Before you make final payment, yes. NCL has given us price reductions on both our cruises, but before final payment was made.

Enjoy the Cruise! :)

http://www.porttime.com/home.cfm

Unfortunately, NCL does not give reductions after final payment is made and there pricing drops. The reason that they are dropping their pricing is to sell out the available cabins.

You will still enjoy your cruise though. Have a good time. Being docked the entire stay in Bermuda is soooo much easier than being tendered. Buy a bus / ferry pass for the time you will be there and you will be able to see so much of the island. In some of the travel books that I had purchased they gave so many ideas on what to do and see for the time that you will be there.

Enjoy your cruise.

AFAMILY and AngelbytheSea - we are on the Dawn 5/18 too! SOOO Happy to be docked for 3 days. Started to get excited and nervous all at the same time now. We've got a mini suite on deck 11 for the 4 of us, hubby and two boys ages almost 3 and 6.

See ya soon!

Tina in NJ

The only time ships tender from grassy bay is when another ship

beats them to the dock or if it is too rough to get the ship into position

otherwise it does stay docked the entire time.....I hope your balcony room faces the side the ship docks on!! Enjoy

The only time ships tender from grassy bay is when another ship

beats them to the dock or if it is too rough to get the ship into position

otherwise it does stay docked the entire time.....I hope your balcony room faces the side the ship docks on!! Enjoy

Not true. On the 4/27 cruise we docked at Kings Wharf the first day. Then the ship moved to Grassy Bay to make room for the Celebrity Century. The Century stayed docked for the next 2 days.

We just got back from Bermuda today, and saw the Dawn. The deal is, when Dawn arrives, the RCL Explorer of the Seas has the berth at King's Wharf. So, Dawn anchors nearby and tenders in.

When Explorer departs around 5 pm on Wednesday, Dawn backs in to the vacated berth and you are docked from that point on.

We just got back from Bermuda today, and saw the Dawn. The deal is, when Dawn arrives, the RCL Explorer of the Seas has the berth at King's Wharf. So, Dawn anchors nearby and tenders in.

When Explorer departs around 5 pm on Wednesday, Dawn backs in to the vacated berth and you are docked from that point on.

It's not that fixed of a schedule. Our week, 4/27, was docked the first night, then moved and a Celebrity ship docked.

Here is the official schedule. We went by it for planning and it was accurate. True, it changes from time to time, so check the dates for your sailing and you will see where you dock or anchor.

This was a great help in planning. We knew that on Monday when we arrived, there would be no other ships in King's Wharf. We got the first tender over there and went through the Maritime Museum, and about had the place to ourselves!

Here is the official schedule. We went by it for planning and it was accurate. True, it changes from time to time, so check the dates for your sailing and you will see where you dock or anchor.

This was a great help in planning. We knew that on Monday when we arrived, there would be no other ships in King's Wharf. We got the first tender over there and went through the Maritime Museum, and about had the place to ourselves!

Regarding the 5/18 sailing, the schedule (see below) shows the Dawn docked all 3 days....no other cruise ship is listed for the West End (Dockyard) on any of those 3 days.

Wed 21/23 0800 1700 Norwegian Dawn 5 WE NCL NY/NY MA

Archived