Any excursions w/out buses? Panama canal

ck53

We are traveling w/ another couple that do not travel well in buses. We are looking for something in Panama, any recommendations?

Also, Cartagena, any great tours?

Thanks in advance!

Cartagena - The old city is wonderful!!! I'd grab a cab, get them to take you to the old city and enjoy a wonderful day wandering around . . . no buses.

The Canal is a different story. You might try the Embera tour with Anne Gordon - doing it with her direct will involve some van driving, but at least you will avoid the buses. Most everything else involves a bus, unles you are stopping in Amador. From Amador you can easily get a cab and go to Miraflores Locks, Old Panama and Casco Viejo. From the Colon side . . . good luck. Except for Anne's tours, anything from the ship is going to involve a 1.5 to 2 hour bus ride. Even the train is usually just one way with a bus to return to the ship.

I've got lots of stuff on Canal Cruises on my Web site http://richarddetrich.wordpress.com/category/canal-cruise/ as well as cruising in Panama Q&A http://richarddetrich.wordpress.com/qa-for-cruisers/ , both of which should be helpful.

Regards, Richard

Archived