Rome in October

We have booked October 30 Legend of Seas out of Rome.

We intend to say in rome several days prior to the cruise

We are interested in finding an inexpensive yet quality hotel

that is close to all the action in Rome. Any suggestions?

In November we stayed at the Hotel Golden (sorry, don't have the link, but a Google search will find it for you). It's near the Borghese Gallery/Park and we found it to be a very nice family run hotel that was reasonably priced (by Rome standards). We walked everywhere - Colisseum, Pantheon, Trevi Fountain - from the hotel. Check the reviews on Tripadvisor.com for more info, but I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

I see you are a new Cruise Critic member (Welcome! :)) so you may not be aware that CC has a great list of Ports of Calls forums including the Mediterranean - Eastern & Western forum where you will find a wealth of information including suggestions for hotels in Rome.

Happy researching. :)

P.S. This thread is likely to be moved over there at some point anyway. ;)

There are many great and affordable hotels in Rome. I am staying at Residenza Cellini (currently rated #1 on trip advisor) which is close to all sights.

If you go here: http://rome-hotels.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g187791-Rome_Lazio-Hotels.html, you will see many other great options. I know a lot of people here love Hotel Lancelot as well.

Don't forget to book the scavi tour. You probably need to do that now to make sure you get tickets.

Archived