Continental Palacete

Can someone tell me how far it is to Las Rambles from the Hotel Continental Palacete?

Hi,

We stayed at the Hotel Continental Palacete last October. It's a small, warm and friendly hotel. It took us about 15 minutes or so to walk to Las Rambles. Have fun in Barcelona.

Dorothy & Morty

we will be staying there for two days post cruise in Oct...they say there is an inclusive buffet during the day..did anyone take advantage of that?

We had breakfast and snacks/drinks at the end of the day.

I should have added that the food & beverages were a nice perk....they also had bottled water which you could take with you in the morning, and after a day of sightseeing it was nice to have a snack when we came back to refresh before heading out for the evening.:)

Can someone tell me how far it is to Las Rambles from the Hotel Continental Palacete?

As said in the previous post , about a 10-15 min walk to Placa Catalunya where you can get the hop on/off buses for a city tour. Placa Catalunya is the home of a huge department store El Corte Ingles which sells great handbags! Las Ramblas starts from here and ends near the Columbus statue in the Old Port. It is a bit of a "tourist trap" but very colourful and well worth a visit. Just be careful of your possessions. Beware pickpockets!

I have stayed at The Continental Palacete twice. The bedrooms are tiny and VERY pink but clean and comfortable enough for a short stay. The staff are very helpful, especially Peter. They all speak good English. The buffet consists of cereal, fruit, eggs Spanish style, toast, salad and quiche if Mama feels like making it! All drinks - Amstel beer, red and white wine, soft drinks, water, tea/coffee are FREE! You would not want to eat all your meals from this buffet but it is a great thing to have for breakfast/snacks etc.

Enjoy Barcelona - it's a great place!

Bella36.

thanks everyone for your help. My husband's mobility is now slower than when i booked so may even think about changing it. We go in June.

There's a taxi stand just across the street from the hotel ... usually a few taxis available, which makes it very convenient.

We stayed here in Sept 07. It was 2 blocks to the top of La Ramblas. For us that was a 5 minute walk maximum. The buffet is simple but very handy and the drinks are great. Free internet use from 2 terminals - one at the front desk, one just outside the lounge. We enjoyed our stay and found the position very central.

thanks everyone for your help. My husband's mobility is now slower than when i booked so may even think about changing it. We go in June.

I am sitting at the free internet terminal in the Palacete this very second!! Be aware that there are 3 steps up from the street, then a further 7 steps up to the lift. After that everything is on one level. Don´t know if this will have any bearing on your decision. As said, its a 5 - 10 minute easy stroll to Placa Catalunya at the top of Las Ramblas and we got down to the Colom Monument at the bottom in a very leisurely 40 mins. Buffet is snack type, but there all the time. Tea, coffee, juices etc are on tap, but the beer appears to be non alcoholic!! As said, its very pink!!

Simon

Archived