Laundry Costs on the Oosterdam??

amybugg

All the vista class ships are the same. Can do it 2 ways.

1. By the bag - $12.00 each bag

2. By the week - Think was app $45.00

If are in a suite all laundry and dry cleaning is free..

We always get it done so Ruth does not have to spend couple days doing laundry when get home. Another reason is what she told me...

"If you are too cheap to pay for it you can do the laundry opn board and when we get home." My answer was...

YES DEAR - Where do I sign

Ruth & Jim

We used the all you can stuff in a laundry bag for $12 service (about the size of a small grocery bag) and it worked out great. I even shoved in a tuxedo shirt and it came back on a hanger, properly starched and ironed. The other clothes, including sox and underwear were delivered back to the cabin pressed and folded in a wicker basket lined with tissue paper. After the cruise, I wanted Candi to do our laundry the same way. Fat chance! If my clients only knew I call on them wearing wrinkled underwear and sox, they would buy elsewhere, I'm sure.

Answered 1/2 my question by reading other threads - $45 per person. Still would like to know if the service is offered on the Volendam.

Answer is yes! We were on the Volendam, however I didn't recall if the $45 was offered or not and since we were on a ten dayer, it wouldn't apply. As for if it's per person, I assume it would be for the cabin. How do they know whether or not you or your spouse cross dress!

They are per cabin NOT per person......

This service is available on all of HAL ships but you must go to the front desk and ask for it as it is not heavily advertised....

We have used in on cruises from 7 to 22 days and have been very satisfied. Rate depends on the length of the cruise.

Only place that there is a problem in when any ships sail in the Amazon river as it is so muddy it cloggs up the water distillation systems....

Ruth & Jim

How do they know whether or not you or your spouse cross dress!

Hee hee.

I found this info posted by craftymom914 on another thread.

The following is the information HAL provided me re: laundry on the Zuiderdam.

Unlimited "laundry and pressing" packages are available

7-day sailing $ 45 per person

10-day sailing $ 70 per person

14-16 day sailing $ 95 per person

17-21 day sailing $120 per person

There is also an unlimited "pressing only" package for $30 per person for any length of itinerary.

For $12 per bag, we will wash and dry your clothes. Laundry bags can be found in your closet within your stateroom. This package does not include pressing or dry cleaning. There is a 48-hour turnaround time for this service and it can only be purchased onboard.

That is why I thought the $45 was per person.

Thanks for everyone's comments and help.

Archived