Another Amazing Edventure Experience

jennat

We just got back from Playa for a week. We spent one day of it with Eddie and it was the best day ever. He picked us up at 9 am at our hotel. We went to Tulum and he arranged a private guide to take us through the ruins (we split the cost btwn the eight of us on the tour). It was great and I would highly recommend doing it this way. Then we went down to the gorgeous beach and swam. Wow! what a treat!

Tulum028.jpgTulum054.jpg

We toured for around 45 minutes and then swam another 30 min. Next Eddie took a couple of people to zipline and the rest of us to a private beach. We were only there for about 15 or 20 minutes but it was paradise.

Privatebeach004.jpg

Eddie then drove us to Dos Ojos, a cenote in a cave. This is the place that both the IMAX movie was (partially) filmed and the horror movie The Cave. When you first get there, it doesn't look like much but it goes back into the a cave. It is really cool. At one point you would look down and there were scuba divers circling and varying depths below you. Here are a couple of pictures. It was dark but it gives you an idea.

DosOjosCave035.jpgDosOjosCave012.jpgDosOjosCave044.jpg

Continued in next thread..........

We then headed to Akumal to swim with the sea turtles. We parked in a spot by a restaurant and turned in our order. we hopped in a boat and took off for Akumal cove. When we left the boat we were over coral for a short while. I saw a sea urchin, brain coral and a couple fish..then we headed toward the shore and the bottom got sandy. There were a bunch of sea turtles, both babies and adults. There was even a baby stingray. This, honestly was my least favorite of the day. I had built up what Akumal would be like and was a little let down. There were tons of turtles, which was cool but we have seen them often over the last years sooooo...anyway....not Eddies fault and I loved the diversity of all the things we did.

Akumal091.jpg

Akumal020.jpgAkumal014.jpgAkumal033.jpgAkumal059.jpg

Upon returning to the beach, we had lunch at a charming little restaurant. The food and drinks were good and the company, even better!

Akumal084.jpg

Next we headed to Yal Ku. This was my favorite part of the trip. Here is a picture of what it looked like on top YalKu045.jpg but the amazing thing was underneath. It was of varying depths (who talks like that). Lots of huge rocks and boulders and tons of fish. It was so peaceful and amazing to be swimming with them. it is a mixture of salt and fresh water so if you move about in it it will get almost an oily texture...so you snorkel by kicking and don't use your arms (therefore the oily residue is behind you). It was 5 oclock by this time and it was closed so it was just the 8 of us. Heaven!

YalKu036.jpgYalKu032.jpgYalKu015.jpgYalKu016.jpg

And before I forget....be sure and ask to hold the monkey when you are at Dos Ojos. I loved it! Monkey002.jpg

Monkey011.jpg

We even saw a family of racoons.

This was all in one day. I doubt you can top Eddie's tour. What a cross section of the Yucatan that we got to experience and enjoy!

Eddie dropped us off at 7 pm. What a fantastic day. Thank you Eddie!

Monkey023.jpg

Akumal009.jpg

This is Eddie

We cannot wait!!! Ours is next Wednesday! One week from today, we'll be in Florida getting read to board the ship the next day!!!! Your pictures are great and makes me even more excited!!!!

Bev

I'm glad you had a good time. Planning our next cruise - I can't imagine what excursions to plan that could top Edventures. Like you, we really liked the lagoon. I had planned on skipping it, but we were so glad we went. I thought it was much prettier than the pictures I saw ahead of time. Swimming with all of the fish was so much fun. Nice of you to post pictures. I haven't figured out how to do that yet - I need to shrink their size or something!

As far as posting pics goes...I just uploaded them to photobucket dot com and they assign a IMG(whatever) code. I just highlight and copy that and put it in my message. Very easy. You don't even have to resize them, although you can do that there also.

Archived