Whittier to Anchorage Transfer

smurflady

I'm trying to decide between taking the Alaskan Leopard Whittier to Anchorage transfer or just booking the Princess transfer.

Has anyone had any trouble with disembarkation at Whittier? On my last cruise out of SF, it took forever to get off the ship, even though we carried off our suitcases. I'm worried about missing the 8:45AM pickup.

Also, how long does it take to check in at the Anchorage airport? The Alaskan Leopard tour ends at 12:15PM and my flight is at 2:15PM.

We took the Alaskan Leopard tour and were happy that we did. We got to do some sightseeing along the way. We were off the ship in plenty of time; in fact, we had about a 35 min. wait for the pickup after we'd claimed our luggage and gotten to the waiting area. We didn't fly home the same day as disembarkation, so can't attest to how quickly all those passengers were processed thru check-in and security.

We took the Alaskan Leopard tour and were happy that we did. We got to do some sightseeing along the way. We were off the ship in plenty of time; in fact, we had about a 35 min. wait for the pickup after we'd claimed our luggage and gotten to the waiting area. We didn't fly home the same day as disembarkation, so can't attest to how quickly all those passengers were processed thru check-in and security.

Did you request an earlier time to disembark from princess?

We used Alaskan Leopard last year, coming off the Carnival Spirit. Carnival did not make it easy. The Leopard bus had to park a ways off. We were held on the ship. We finally snuck off with another color group. It seemed Carnival wanted everyone to use their transportation services, so they made it as hard as possible for passengers who did not. The Leopard people patiently rounded everyone up and we enjoyed our trip to Anchorage. We stopped at Portage Glacier for a short while and had pie and hot cocoa. We also stopped at a nature park. We got to the airport when promised. Once at the airport, automatic check-in was down. The airline personnel were very frustrated, but we were never in danger of missing our flight. We were flying on Alaska Air.

Archived