Best Place For Horseback Riding In Mexico

NEW 2 CRUISIN

Hey All!

Let's get some updated opinions on which cruise port has the best excursions for Horseback Riding!

Will be making stops in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan this fall with the NCL STAR, and would like help in choosing the best experience!

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!

:)

I would recommend Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan. Not sure what other options are availible in Cabo or PV, but Randi's is great and reasonable. It is not a follow the horse in front of you. Once on the beach, you can ride at your own pace. Some lagged behind while other were well down the beach. Would definitely recommend Randi's

Thanks for the tips on Randi's!

The excursion in Mazatlan through NCL is called:

"Hacienda Las Moras & Horseback Riding".

It sounds like it is more than just horseback riding, so I was not sure about booking it. We did riding in Montego Bay and loved it. Was hoping for a nice ride in Mexico, so I'll defintiely keep Randi's in mind.

Us "City Folks" only get to ride horses on vacation, so, while admittedly it may not seem like much to some, it's a big deal to us! ;)

I guess I was more interested in things to see while riding.

Some of the rides even READ boring! HAHA! A nice mix of jungle, desert, and ocean front would be great!

We did the Carnival horseback riding tour in Cabo. I usually don't do cruise stuff but for $75 a good time was had by all. They choose the horse for you and the ride was beautiful, right on the beach we saw whales and wildlife. They had drinks waiting for us while we waited for the bus. Pictures can be purchsed as well. They will also have camel rides soon and ATV's. You will not be galloping on the beach. Most of the people complained, but they were the ones who could barely stay on while the horses walked! I had a great time, with my cousin and daughter. Perfect for kids and those who have never been riding before. Its more a scenic tour.

have fun.:)

We did the Carnival horseback riding tour in Cabo. I usually don't do cruise stuff but for $75 a good time was had by all. They choose the horse for you and the ride was beautiful, right on the beach we saw whales and wildlife. They had drinks waiting for us while we waited for the bus. Pictures can be purchsed as well. They will also have camel rides soon and ATV's. You will not be galloping on the beach. Most of the people complained, but they were the ones who could barely stay on while the horses walked! I had a great time, with my cousin and daughter. Perfect for kids and those who have never been riding before. Its more a scenic tour.

have fun.:)

Do you know the name of the stable? I booked a private ride through Johann and Sandra and I would be interested in more info about the area.

TIA!

Hello all,

I was curious to know, has anyone used Ginger's Bilingual Horses for the horseback riding needs in Mazatlan? I've heard nothing but great things about Randi's Happy Horses, but wanted to know about the competition. This place seems substatially cheaper, but seems to offer the same sorts of things.

Also, I know the OP mentioned not wanting to spend all day on a horse. The tour she offers is 1 hr of riding versus 90 minutes to two hours.

I'm curious to hear from anyone who's used her.:confused:

Thanks!

Tara

Hi

I don't remember the name, it was the one carnival hosted. so it should be on the website under Cabo horseback riding. you could also contact carnival. All I know it was fun and very relaxing and the horses were not "wide" so you felt like you're doing the splits the whole ride. :D

• 2 weeks later...
Hello all,

I was curious to know, has anyone used Ginger's Bilingual Horses for the horseback riding needs in Mazatlan? I've heard nothing but great things about Randi's Happy Horses, but wanted to know about the competition. This place seems substatially cheaper, but seems to offer the same sorts of things.

Also, I know the OP mentioned not wanting to spend all day on a horse. The tour she offers is 1 hr of riding versus 90 minutes to two hours.

I'm curious to hear from anyone who's used her.:confused:

Thanks!

Tara

Due to some personal issues, Ginger closed up shop earlier this year.

:eek:

Now THAT'S some talented horses!!!

:D

I was thinking the same thing! :eek: :D

Hey All!

Let's get some updated opinions on which cruise port has the best excursions for Horseback Riding!

Will be making stops in Cabo, Puerto Vallarta, and Mazatlan this fall with the NCL STAR, and would like help in choosing the best experience!

Thanks in advance for your expert advice!

I highly recommend the following:

In Mazatlan: http://www.randishappyhorses.com/

In Puerto Vallarta: http://www.ranchoelcharro.com/

Both Randi and Pam are from the U.S. and great to work with! We thoroughly enjoyed both experiences.

Hey guess what... another vote for Randi's ;) Can not say enough. She is wonderful, her staff is wonderful, Michel makes me laugh. The horses a great, the beach os gorgeous and Victors food is out of this world. Just remember to bring cash to pay for your trip.

• 1 month later...

We finally decided to book with Randi's for our cruise stop in October, based mainly on all the recommendations they get on these boards.

It's our first "non-ship" excursion, so I hope it goes well.

Looking very much forward to it!

• 1 month later...

My husband is golfing in Mazatlan and I don't want to go on a horseback excursion without him because he wants to go as well but Randi sounds great.

Does anyone know if RCCL's horseback ride in Puerto Vallarta is the same as Rancho el Charro (which is run by another American). It's not that I am anti Mexican Entrepreneurs but I am concerned about the quality and care of the horses. If it isn't run by the same place are the horses in good condition for the RCCL excursion? I have read a lot on the boards about how horses are not properly nourished, shoed or housed.

I appreciate any insight.

I don't know whether it's true that Ginger's Bilingual Horses closed up shop earlier this year, as noted in a post from May, but they are is in business now. We will be in Mazatlan on the Norwegian Star on 12/30/08 and I have reserved a ride with them for myself and my two daughters. They have a website. I emailed some questions and got expedient and helpful responses. It's only $25 per person for an hour-long ride, and it does include riding on the beach. I've read very good reviews.

Archived