Best place to stay near LAX? Cost of limo/shuttle to pier?

Cessna140

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me as to what hotels are nice to stay in near LAX? I don't need fancy, just clean and safe, no mold or dirty sheets I have been reading about in some of the reviews. I'm nervous to try Priceline because we are a party of six and will need 2 rooms. I'm also wondering if anyone has gotten prices on limousine service or shuttles from the LAX areas to San Pedro pier? Thanks in advance!

Marcia

There is Super Shuttle at a cost of $30-$40 pp. (http://www.supershuttle.com. And also Primetimeshuttle.com. I don't know the cost of Prime Time, but I would guess they are competitive.

Some hotels also have shuttles. I am also investigating, but these are some of the answers I got.

I am tempted to just get a limo.

If you go with a shuttle... I was told they need a 4 hour lead time. Keep in mind they will make several stops.

My cab between San Pedro Sheraton & LAX (on a sat am) was $38. (i think) not including tip.

If a cab ride from LAX to San Pedro is $38, then my family of four would be much better off doing that than one of the shuttles, right? Shuttle for the four of us is $48. The cab would also be more convenient it seems, and we're heading to the ship on a Sunday -- not a heavy traffic day. -- Cheryl

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone can advise me as to what hotels are nice to stay in near LAX? I don't need fancy, just clean and safe, no mold or dirty sheets I have been reading about in some of the reviews. I'm nervous to try Priceline because we are a party of six and will need 2 rooms. I'm also wondering if anyone has gotten prices on limousine service or shuttles from the LAX areas to San Pedro pier? Thanks in advance!

Marcia

We are leaving on the Island Princess on 3/5/05 and have reservations for the Friday night before Saturday embarcation at the LAX Crown Plaza. With our Entertainment Card and booking this far ahead of time I was able to to get a rate of $59.50 plus tax which is I think a very good rate considering this is a 4 star Hotel. Unsure yet if we will Taxi to the San Pedro port or take the Princess shuttle. This Crown Plaza hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service from LAX to their Hotel. You just have to call them on the Courtesy phones by the luggage pick up area. I am very pleased with this price!! Good Luck....

We are leaving on the Island Princess on 3/5/05 and have reservations for the Friday night before Saturday embarcation at the LAX Crown Plaza. With our Entertainment Card and booking this far ahead of time I was able to to get a rate of $59.50 plus tax which is I think a very good rate considering this is a 4 star Hotel. Unsure yet if we will Taxi to the San Pedro port or take the Princess shuttle. This Crown Plaza hotel also offers complimentary shuttle service from LAX to their Hotel. You just have to call them on the Courtesy phones by the luggage pick up area. I am very pleased with this price!! Good Luck....

Hi!

Lucky you! A 4 star hotel for $60 !! Sounds great. But what is an entertainment card and how do I get one?

Right now I am holding rooms at the Holiday Inn Express on Hawthorne Blvd. Anyone familiar with this place?

Thanks,

Marcia

Hi!

Lucky you! A 4 star hotel for $60 !! Sounds great. But what is an entertainment card and how do I get one?

Right now I am holding rooms at the Holiday Inn Express on Hawthorne Blvd. Anyone familiar with this place?

Thanks,

Marcia

Hi,

The Entertainment Card is a card with a book full of coupons and discounts that can be purchased yearly for the city(big cities) in which you live. It is chocked full of restaurant discounts, travel discounts etc. It can be purchased on line, but I usually purchase mine from the local schools in my area as the students are always selling them each Sept. for school drives. They only cost $21.00 and you can get that money back very quickly with use of your card. When I first priced my Hotel with just my AAA discount, I was quoted a price of $99.00. When I mentioned my Entertainment card, the price went down to $59.00.

The web page for the Entertainment Card Book is www.entertainment.com but I am sure there would be some students at your neighborhood schools who would be thrilled to sell you a book. Good Luck!

How do you feel about renting a car?

You can piclk up a car at LAX & drop off near the pier.

Hertz will reimurse up to $10. for port to Hertz, I'm not sure about reverse.

Enterprise is at the Sheraton. The Sheraton has a complimetary shuttle pick up & drop off. I think a rental fo Hertz was about $60. for a pick up/drop off at different locations.

After you get your hotel from priceline, call the concierge (sp) & check out the hotel services/shuttles/suggestions for transportaion.

I Have Stayed Here Numerous Times. Clean And Very Close To Lax. I Have Not Boarded A Cuise Ship From There But Have Met Many People That Were Doing Just That. They Have A Shuttle So You May Inquire. We Usually Pay 89 Or 99 And It Includes A Hot Breakfast.

How do you feel about renting a car?

You can piclk up a car at LAX & drop off near the pier.

Hertz will reimurse up to $10. for port to Hertz, I'm not sure about reverse.

Enterprise is at the Sheraton. The Sheraton has a complimetary shuttle pick up & drop off. I think a rental fo Hertz was about $60. for a pick up/drop off at different locations.

After you get your hotel from priceline, call the concierge (sp) & check out the hotel services/shuttles/suggestions for transportaion.

I think that's what we're going to do. We're actually flying in a couple of days early because we've never been to L.A. (except for a brief layover). We're going to rent a car at LAX, stay out at Venice Beach, and then return the car to Long Beach. I haven't firmed up which car rental agency yet, but virtually all of them have offices at both locations. I think this will definitely work out best for us, and we'll only be a short ride from the pier. Post-cruise, because there are four of us, I think we'll just grab a cab back to LAX.

I rented a car for $16 including tax for pick up at LAX and drop off at Long Beach near the Pier. We are flying in a day early and will now have transportation all day long and the next morning. I researched quite a few options and this seems like the cheapest if you dont mind driving around LA.

I checked prices for both SuperShuttle and PrimeTime. It was $63 each from the pier in San Pedro to LAX. PrimeTime said plus 15%, SuperShuttle didn't mention it. With six passengers, you have a van to yourself. No waiting for the van to fill up. Reservations required.

Hi,

Am I interpreting this right? Supershuttle charges $63 per person one way from San Pedro to LAX ? That seems over the top to me. The Princess transfers are only $25.

We have six people and at least 6 or more suitcases in our party so I think I am stuck with a limousine rental (which may end up cheaper divided by 6) or two taxis. Anyone have any good experience with a reputable limo company? I hate to just pick one blindly off the internet.

Thanks

Marcia

I called Travelocity directly and they quoted me the price of $16 for a compact car, I belive the next level up was only $25 to pick up at the lax airport and drop off at Long Beach. I booked through Thrifty but if you prefer something else Alamo was only $18 for a compact car.

I would also like to pick up a car from LAX airport and return it near the pier. Can you tell me what location should I put for the car return. I tried to reserve the car online-thru the Thrifty site- but was not able to find the different location for the car return.

Thank you.

If you are talking about the San Pedro port and not Long Beach then the best arrangements can usually be made with Enterprise. They have the airport location for pick-up and a port location that is open Monday through Saturday - closed Sunday. On Sunday you can usually drop it off at either the Sheraton or Marina hotels in San Pedro. There are no other car rental agencies at the San Pedro port that I am aware of.

Steve Hayes

I would also like to pick up a car from LAX airport and return it near the pier. Can you tell me what location should I put for the car return. I tried to reserve the car online-thru the Thrifty site- but was not able to find the different location for the car return.

Thank you.

Hi

I called supershuttle today and asked about transportation from my LAX hotel to San Pedro. They said I would have to take the free hotel shuttle back to the airport and get off at a supershuttle stop, then get on the supershuttle to the pier. She told me I could have the van for $60 for just we six.......tip is at our discretion. When I tried to reserve the price and the shuttle she said I would just need to go to the supershuttle guy and tell him that I had called and she gave me a price of $60 for the van to ourselves. A little voice in the back of my head is telling me that probably wont happen.........she also said supershuttle is available for rides from the Pier to the airport on our return. So we'll have to wait and see what happens!

Marcia

Archived