Opinions on Med and/or NCL dress

leela14

Hi everyone,

I'm leaving on Thursday to go to Barcelona where we will cruise the Meditteranean for two weeks. Life is tough. :D

I have never cruised with NCL before, and never to the Med - our previous cruises were RCCL to the Carribean.

I have 2 very nice dresses packed, but with NCL's Freestyle cruising and not having formal nights, I'm wondering if I will be overdressed with these dresses. I know they have some kind of "formal optional" night, but I have no idea if anyone dresses up for this. These two dresses aren't ball gowns or anything. One is the usual little black dress that I wear with strappy sandals and long dangly earrings. The other is dressier - it's a gold/champagne silk halter dress that hits just below the knee.

I have heard that people do tend to dress up more for cruises in Europe, in which case it's all good - but is that true even for NCL?

If anyone has cruised either to the Med and/or with NCL I'd love to hear from you. Thanks!

I haven't cruise to the Mediterranean but I have cruised NCL before. There are optional dress up nights and you can either choose to dress up or not. We did and so did quite a few other people. If you enjoy getting dolled up I say take the dresses and go for it. Have a wonderful time!

Kristy

Here is a picture of the dress - it's the gold one on the right. Will I be overdressed wearing this on the "formal optional" night or will I be OK? I hate the thought of showing up to dinner dressed up if everyone else is in capris and a top. Thanks again.

attachment.php?attachmentid=77195&d=1208908377

That dress is gorgeous! I'd wear it in a heartbeat. The last time we sailed they set aside one of the restaurants for the formal night. I don't know if they still do that or not. You will see people dressed every which way. I wouldn't stress over it. Do what makes you feel good and whatever it is you'll fit right in. I'm taking a dress to wear on our Mexican Riviera cruise that is every bit as dressy as yours and my hubby is taking his tux. We enjoy dressing up once in awhile and he is extremely handsome in that tux!

:-)

Kristy

Archived