Fort Lauderdale To Miami Cruise Port.

outowrk

We can save a few hundred dollars by flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami. Any input on transportation between the trwo. Also any info on hotels in the Port of Miami area.

Welcome to CC:)

Lots of info that you are looking for can be found on the link below..

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=495

We can save a few hundred dollars by flying into Fort Lauderdale instead of Miami. Any input on transportation between the trwo. Also any info on hotels in the Port of Miami area.

We've flown into Ft. Lauderdale a few times now for cruises out of Miami and what we found to be the easiet and a lot of times most inexpensive is to rent a car. Thrift Car Rental has a shuttle that runs to the port so you rent your car at the Ft. Lauderdale airport and return it at the Miami airport and then they drive you free of charge to the port.

I researched this quite a bit recently. We opted to fly in to MIA and then fly out of FLL after all.

Most people recommend the GO Shuttle from FLL to the port area. It's supposed to be $18 for a shared ride and they'll drop you at hotels in the port area. It sounded like you were not going directly to the port but to a hotel for the night.

Recommendations for the hotels in the area were either Holiday Inn Port of Miami, the Hyatt or the Intercontinental. We got the Intercontinental on Priceline for a lot less than what the HIPOM is charging. I think they're all just a short cab ride to the port.

I have done TONS of research on this - as we are coming from Atlanta. For us, it's just not worth it to save 5 hours each way - so we are driving down.

I had opted to rent a car at FLL - and drop off at MIA (the ONLY drop off place I could find in Miami) - I would then have picked up a car at the port and driven it to FLL. You can pick up at the port - but can't drop off :( . There are hotels out there to drop off as well - and they will shuttle you to the port.

I had an issue with flights out of Miami - the latest I could find was 12:45 - and I was worried about making that flight.

Best of luck! I definitely think it's doable..

Archived