Is this going to be a problem?-HELP!

To the OP

If that is the case, then might I ask if EVERYONE is in inside staterooms? If anyone is in any other category, and their room can hold 3, or there is one available in that category that they can move to, AND you are sure they will be on the cruise (I'm thinking your parents, maybe?), could you put the 2nd adult there? Afterall, the 3rd & 4th passenger usually pays the same amount regardless of which category they are in.

Just a thought.

A~

You are far out, the final payment date is a long time in coming. Get a cabin that accomodates waitlisted now.

Make your TA pay for a cabin that will accommodate the 3 people. Tehir fault, let them argue with RCI.

To the OP

If that is the case, then might I ask if EVERYONE is in inside staterooms? If anyone is in any other category, and their room can hold 3, or there is one available in that category that they can move to, AND you are sure they will be on the cruise (I'm thinking your parents, maybe?), could you put the 2nd adult there? Afterall, the 3rd & 4th passenger usually pays the same amount regardless of which category they are in.

Just a thought.

A~

There are a few balcony rooms, a promenade room, and interior rooms. However none of the rooms (with the exception of the one where my TA wants us to move the child) accommodate more than 2 people.

Ok, this brings up a question for me. I've got a group cruise booked for December of 2009. With any luck, my brother and sister-in-law will have a 6-9 mo old baby by then. But right now, this third person in their cabin is purely hypothetical. So I got them a room for 2, not wanting to take a triple for those who may or may not need it. If no triples are available at the time of booking, I have 6 people in a RFS, which could technically sleep 8. If they allowed us to book niece/nephew with us, and there were to be a real muster (unlikely, but hey, it could happen -- that's why they make us practice) ... would they allow my dh and my s-i-l to switch places so that s-i-l could stay with her child?

Why not just book them into a 3 person cabin? You could also add a "TBD" reservation. I dont know if you have to pay a deposit or not, CS could tell you that.

Ok, this brings up a question for me. I've got a group cruise booked for December of 2009. With any luck, my brother and sister-in-law will have a 6-9 mo old baby by then. But right now, this third person in their cabin is purely hypothetical. So I got them a room for 2, not wanting to take a triple for those who may or may not need it. If no triples are available at the time of booking, I have 6 people in a RFS, which could technically sleep 8. If they allowed us to book niece/nephew with us, and there were to be a real muster (unlikely, but hey, it could happen -- that's why they make us practice) ... would they allow my dh and my s-i-l to switch places so that s-i-l could stay with her child?

Save yourself the headache I am going through and book a 3 person cabin!:(

Have you called RCCL and tried to do a mock booking, asking specifically if any Cabin N's that could accomodate 3 people were available?

I was wrong about what I said earlier, the following N cabins accommodate 3 people (they're sure are NOT that many!):

What about downgrading to a category Q?

Have you called RCCL and tried to do a mock booking, asking specifically if any Cabin N's that could accomodate 3 people were available?

I was wrong about what I said earlier, the following N cabins accommodate 3 people (they're sure are NOT that many!):

What about downgrading to a category Q?

Sas Holy Crap!!! They (the parents) are already booked in 7341!!! Why are they now saying that a third person is not allowed there? So what my TA said is probably true..she probably was told that that cabin can have 3 people, but now they are saying no. Where did you find that info???

My TA does not come in until 12:30 so I am going nuts until I hear from her!

Sas Holy Crap!!! They (the parents) are already booked in 7341!!! Why are they now saying that a third person is not allowed there? So what my TA said is probably true..she probably was told that that cabin can have 3 people, but now they are saying no. Where did you find that info???

I just looked on RCCL.com

Choose the "plan a cruise" header, it drops down. Choose the "Ships" choice on the drop down.

Under the Voyager class choose "Explorer of the Seas"

Click "View the deck plans"

on the left you will see "Select a Deck" Select Deck 7.

The legend says that Deck 7, room 7341: cor_plus_ico.gif Stateroom has third and fourth Pullman beds available.

Could it be that RCCL doesn't want a toddler in a pullman bed for fear that the toddler might fall out?

I think it's time you called RCCL CS and did a mock booking on the explorer for a different date and ask all these questions. Then, if toddlers are allowed in pullman beds, call back and ask if your sailing is at capacity (which I doubt) in order to determine if the extra person is being rejected because of capacity issues.

Sometimes you just gotta check up on your TA.....

Forget waiting till 12:30!

After you talk to RCCL and find out the answers, call now and have the supervisor look into it for you!

If the problem is that RCCL doesnt want a toddler to use a pullman bed (for safety reasons) then promise RCCL that the family will use a pack n play and add one to the reservation thru customer service.

sas80 you may be my hero! This certainly gives me a good point to argue with!!! I doubt it has anything to do with fear that he will fall out of bed, because when my TA told me about this problem, she said that we can move his reservation to the other room but he can stay in his parent's room but he won't have his own bed?? (This is totally not an issue as he would sleep in his parent's bed anyway) But she specifically told me there wasn't a bed in there for him. Here is another weird thing: I am looking in my 2008-2009 cruise vacation planner for the Caribbean. In the book, it does not have that those rooms have the pullman bed! But, when I booked the rooms last year, I believe that planner (2007-2008)shows that there is a pullman bed (otherwise, I would have never wanted to book that room for them to begin with, knowing they were bringing their son!) So could they have removed the beds???

If the sailing is booked up, RCI might not allow another passenger added to the cabin. It all has to do with the life boat situation. If they have their max number of passengers then you will not be allowed to book a 3rd person in the cabin even if it allows 3.

If the sailing is booked up, RCI might not allow another passenger added to the cabin. It all has to do with the life boat situation. If they have their max number of passengers then you will not be allowed to book a 3rd person in the cabin even if it allows 3.

The cruise is still 11 months away, and there are still rooms available. I am calling RCCL now.

sas80 you may be my hero! This certainly gives me a good point to argue with!!! I doubt it has anything to do with fear that he will fall out of bed, because when my TA told me about this problem, she said that we can move his reservation to the other room but he can stay in his parent's room but he won't have his own bed?? (This is totally not an issue as he would sleep in his parent's bed anyway) But she specifically told me there wasn't a bed in there for him. Here is another weird thing: I am looking in my 2008-2009 cruise vacation planner for the Caribbean. In the book, it does not have that those rooms have the pullman bed! But, when I booked the rooms last year, I believe that planner (2007-2008)shows that there is a pullman bed (otherwise, I would have never wanted to book that room for them to begin with, knowing they were bringing their son!) So could they have removed the beds???

I just called. Crown and Anchor says that the brochure is wrong the cabin holds 4 people.

Consider it a wedding gift!

The cruise is still 11 months away, and there are still rooms available. I am calling RCCL now.

When you encounter a "problem" always call and check up on whatever your TA says. You can do this by being direct with RCCL or by begging or by doing a mock booking.

In your case, I just told C&A that one brochure said one thing, the other brochure said something different and online it said pull man beds available. I told them I was confused, and asked them to clarify for me.

If you need my address of where your TA can send my cut of the booking fee, let me know! :D:p

I just called. Crown and Anchor says that the brochure is wrong the cabin holds 4 people.

Consider it a wedding gift!

Yes and I just spoke to a customer service person as well, and they also told me that cabin can hold up to 4 people! Grrr...I can't wait to talk to my TA to find out what the heck is going on??? Seriously sas, I am about to say screw it and elope!

When you encounter a "problem" always call and check up on whatever your TA says. You can do this by being direct with RCCL or by begging or by doing a mock booking.

In your case, I just told C&A that one brochure said one thing, the other brochure said something different and online it said pull man beds available. I told them I was confused, and asked them to clarify for me.

If you need my address of where your TA can send my cut of the booking fee, let me know! :D:p

You're awesome!

Yes and I just spoke to a customer service person as well, and they also told me that cabin can hold up to 4 people! Grrr...I can't wait to talk to my TA to find out what the heck is going on??? Seriously sas, I am about to say screw it and elope!

No, don't do that. A wedding cruise is far too much fun! DH and I even considered booking the itinerary that you are on but, as you said, prices have skyrocketed!

Just be sure to always verify the information that your TA gives you. If you get the same answer that your TA has given you, then you can rest assured that everything is being handles appropriately.

Archived