Carnival Conquest - Questions ??

My husband and I "adopted" an exchange student 10 years ago, he has since married and has two small children...they are all coming back to the US for a visit early in 2009. My questions for those of you that sail on Carnival Cruise Lines (we have only sailed with Princess).

Is Carnival a good cruise line for younger-adults (we intend to do all the baby sitting so our son and daughter-in-law can relax and enjoy)?

Any watch-outs that we might need to know about?

Are normally several European travelers aboard the Conquest?

Has anyone booked a quad-balcony next to a cabin for two and do the particians between balconies open up so that we can easily check on the children if we are in a cabin next door?

Thanks so much for your help and feedback. :)

I don't have any info on the balcony cabins :( as we had an oceanview on the Conquest last June but I can tell you it is an AWESOME ship!

We were a little concerned about Carnival's "party boat" reputation (we had only cruised with Disney & NCL before) but found it to be very family oriented as well. We loved Carnival so much that we are sailing on the Triumph in 40 days!!! :D Our daughter loved "Camp Carnival" so much she only ate dinner with us the 1st night onboard because the kid's club wasn't open that night! She is already making plans to thoroughly enjoy Camp Carnival this time around as well (she'll be 7 when we sail). ;)

Thanks to everyone that responded...KrystinasMom, I really appreciate your thougths about the "family friendly" atmosphere. That was one thing I was really nervous about, since there has always been a few questions about Carnival's "spirit"....I honestly don't think that young folks from Europe would be embarassed about much of anything, but I might blush :eek:

I'm sure it will be just perfect....thanks again, everyone !!

There were several different groups of European guests on Conquest in April. I loved getting on the elevators with them to listen to them speak in their native languages. I think the Conquest is very suitable for kids. It doesn't get rowdy till after the kiddos would be in bed, and then it's not too wild anyway. Have a great time!

Archived