Talent Show?

Will be on the Liberty in June....does Carnival still have a talent show? I know my dh would love to bring his guitar, but hate for him to lug it around for nothing. But if I know him, he'll bring it anyway and play outdoors at night!:rolleyes:

I believe it depends on the cruise duration. 7+ day cruises have the Legends show where they pick certain people to perform in a show impersonating certain stars. The shorter cruises do the talent show. I was on a 7 day cruise and the person in charge of the legends show was off so they substituted the talent show. Only 7 people auditioned and only about 3 had any talent. 4 really bad singers - I sat in the auditions and knew I had no interest in attending the talent show that night.:eek:

I haven't seen a Guest Talent Show in quite a awhile. They didn't have one on the 4 day Elation cruise that we took in February or any of the 7 night cruises in the past few years.

John Heald does both a talent show and the Legends show on his cruises....but other than the most recent with John, I haven't seen a talent show since the Imagination in 2000. I've done both the talent show and the Legends show, and I MUCH MUCH MUCH prefer just the talent show...that way you have the choice of what you do.

I believe it depends on the cruise duration. 7+ day cruises have the Legends show where they pick certain people to perform in a show impersonating certain stars.

This is what they have on the LIberty. I wouldn't lug it unless he really wants to.

It is also what they had on the Elation and Inspiration.

No Talent show like way back, its a crappy lip sync show called The Legends show. They pick people from the Karaokie bar to play these different stars like Dolly, Elvis etc.

I wish they would bring back the Talent show.

Fred

We did a repositioning cruise in 2000 on the Inspiration, from San Juan to New Orleans. We had a huge group and most of the passengers were from the New Orleans area (as we were, too, at the time). My dh wrote a very comical song about the Louisiana locals and sang it in the talent show. Needless to say, response was overwhelming! He was asked over and over to play it on the Lido and other gatherings....

Oh yeah...and he did get the infamous ship on a stick!:p

In March 2007 we were on 7 day Carribean cruise with the Valor and they had a talent night. Usually your normal 'half-baked' talent...the kind that gets kicked off on American Idol or America's Got Talent. But...this time there was an African American who came on an did an amazing "melodious rap" about Carnival...to the point that at the end of the cruise our director said that they had sent in this man's performance to head office and they were already talking to him about using it somewhere to promote Carnival....it was that good (and so was he).

One year later and I haven't heard it again...but still...

Archived